Discussion Board

I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS! - Newbie

Hi, I got an application made using Nokia Developer's Suite 1.1 for J2ME™... the application runs in its emulator. But when I send it in my phone (7650) it said the file is currupt... is there something wrong in my application? the application consist a class that search a .txt file

Please help me guys on what to do

Polites

Regular Contributor
    Hello,

How did you create JAD and JAR files? What is the link in your midlet to the text file?

Regards,

Petteri / Forum Nokia

HI Petteri,

I have re-written my application (removed the .txt file and embeded in my .class) I have created the .jad and . jar file by selecting the "package" tab in the software I downlaoded at nokias website (Nokia Developer's Suite 1.1 for J2ME™) My application runs in the emulator .jad (1kb) and .jar (72kb). But when I transfer it to 7650 it installs then suddenly prompt "can't install application" do you think there is a problem in my coding or the file size??? I would be happy to send you the files and the .jad and .jar to look on, (if its possible)

Thanks
    Pol

The actual size of the .jar file needs to be manually set in the .jad (MIDlet-Jar-Size) file in bytes.