Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Data Matrix reader

Hi all,

I was going through the libdmtx homepage (www.libdmtx.org) and found that the data matrix reading library had been ported to Symbian (see http://geoweb.crs4.it/doku.php?id=en:qr). When I installed the program on my phone (N73), the program runs fine. However, if I try to compile the source and then use the same application, the reader takes images (from the camera), but refuses to decrypt the data matrices.

Could it be because of an incorrect installation of opencv on the phone? How does one install opencv directly onto the phone? Are there some sis files available somewhere?

I have attempted to install the Open C/C++ Plug-in from the Nokia site (34MB file) and tried to execute the setup.exe file inside it, but the installer does not seem to install anything. If I choose the 'custom' install, it does not even list a choice of items to install.
    Is there something wrong with my opencv installation?

Hoping someone can help..

Regards,
    Kedar

Edit :
    Where do I find the nokia_plugin directory? Or, what do I need to install nokia_plugin directory on my computer?
    I have been hunting for the s60opencsis folder containing the relevent .sis files so that I can run my openc programs on my phone.
    Last edited by kedarm; 2009-10-12 at 20:44. Reason: Got some more info regarding openc. Want to modify doubt.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Data Matrix reader

If you are using S60 3rd MR SDK, and installed it into its default location, the plugin would install in C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\nokia_plugin

Regular Contributor

Hi!

I have installed the S60 SDK FP1. There is no nokia_plugin dorectory. I installed this as I was told that this is the recommended SDK for developement for Nokia N73.

Is there somewhere else from where I can download this folder?

Thanks
    Kedar

Nokia Developer Moderator

The N73 (http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N73) is not a FP1 device, the suggested SDK is S60 3rd MR (Maintenance Release). Unfortunately it is an other story if the OpenC/C++ plug in can not install (it should be able to install into any S60 3rd or 5th edition SDK). Since the .zip file could be extracted without any problems, it is probably correct (it should contain 14 files, 36 826 050 bytes in an directory called "Installer").

Regular Contributor

Thanks
    I will reinstall the S60 3rd Ed. Maintenance Release SDK and try repeating all I had done so far.
    Thanks for the support. I am hoping Open C and my application works fine with this SDK.

After trying with SDK mentioned in previous post:
    The program no longer compiles! In the emulator mode, it compiles fine, but when I attempt to compile in the Release mode (or phone debug mode) with the given SDK, it gives the following errors -
    1255434103663 make[1]: \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\libdm\group\../SIS_BACK/LIBDM\GCCE\../SIS_BACK/LIBDM.GCCE: No such file or directory libdm line 0 C/C++ Problem
    1255434103694 make[1]: *** No rule to make target `\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\libdm\group\../SIS_BACK/LIBDM\GCCE\../SIS_BACK/LIBDM.GCCE'. Stop. libdm line 0 C/C++ Problem
    As of now, I have no clue what these errors mean, or how they appeared. Will hunt on google.

Has anyone faced any similar errors when compiling?

Thanks!
    Kedar
    Last edited by kedarm; 2009-10-13 at 14:19. Reason: Tried out new SDK