Discussion Board

Unhappy Developing on Windows 7 x64

Hello! I'm trying to configure my environment to start trying some code for my 5800XM.
    I have a fresh installation of Windows 7 x64 and I started by downloading S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1_0_en.zip and Carbide.c++_v2.0 and reading the "S60 5th Edition SDK Installation Guide". I downloaded and installed ActivePerl 5.10.1 Build 1006 (64-bit) and Java JRE. After that, I ran the S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1_0_en setup.exe which installed successfully. However, I'm having trouble when trying to install Carbide.c++_v2.0.

On starting Carbide.c++_v2.0.exe the User Account Control dialog appears and I click OK. After some seconds of nothing, Windows 7 tells me that the installation failed and asks me to install with "recommended settings". Even with that setup, the installer won't proceed.

I read here that Carbide.c++ and the whole SDK seems to work fine in Windows 7. Any idea what could I be doing wrong? Thanks a lot.

Bruno

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Developing on Windows 7 x64

You can check this blog entry: http://blogs.forum.nokia.com/blog/lu...t-on-windows-7
    Searching in the Wiki may be useful too - if you do not find anything for Windows 7, you might still get some ideas from the Vista-specific articles.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Developing on Windows 7 x64

For me the Windows 7 as such is not raising questions, the tools will work on it. Not so sure about the impact of the fact that you are using a 64 bit version, something that I have never tried.

You may want to Google a bit for tips & tricks (if any) about running 32 bit JRE on 64 bit Vista or Windows 7 systems.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite