Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Update Error installing pips

Hi

I have just installed open c/c++ and want to install the relevant sis files on my phone. However, when I attempt to install 'pips_s60_1_6.sis', I keep getting an "Update Error", that terminates the installation.

Is it because I had previously installed 'pips_s60_1_1.sis' on my phone? If yes, how could I removed this old installation?

I cannot find anything in the application menu to remove, and nor can I find the .sis files anywhere on the phone.

Every time I try to run an open C application (even a simple "hello world"), it works fine on the emulator but gives me a "Menu:Feature Not Supported" error while running on the phone. I am hoping that newer pips installation can solve this problem.

Thanks
    Kedar

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Update Error installing pips

Quote Originally Posted by kedarm View Post
    Hi

I have just installed open c/c++ and want to install the relevant sis files on my phone. However, when I attempt to install 'pips_s60_1_6.sis', I keep getting an "Update Error", that terminates the installation.

Is it because I had previously installed 'pips_s60_1_1.sis' on my phone? If yes, how could I removed this old installation?

I cannot find anything in the application menu to remove, and nor can I find the .sis files anywhere on the phone.

Every time I try to run an open C application (even a simple "hello world"), it works fine on the emulator but gives me a "Menu:Feature Not Supported" error while running on the phone. I am hoping that newer pips installation can solve this problem.

Thanks
    Kedar
    You could check the application manager in the device for the previously installed sis files. The best alternative that I rely on is start with a clean phone (Format the device)

I cannot find anything in the application menu to remove
    Have you considered visiting the Application Manager ("App. mgr.", usually in the Applications menu, but on older devices it may be in Tools).

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Have you considered visiting the Application Manager ("App. mgr.", usually in the Applications menu, but on older devices it may be in Tools).
    I checked, but have not been able to find the relevant files. I finally resorted to Symbian_Neil's solution, although I am sure there is a better way of doing this.

How does one format the memory card? Is connecting it to a computer and formatting it sufficient?

I checked, but have not been able to find the relevant files. I finally resorted to Symbian_Neil's solution, although I am sure there is a better way of doing this.

How does one format the memory card? Is connecting it to a computer and formatting it sufficient?
    You can format it with the help of a PC or the other easier way would be, in the file manager in the device, you can select the memory card and in that you get memory card options, where you can format.