Discussion Board

Help Needed - NOKIA 6100

Hi all

I am an IT programmer in Greece but my question has nothing to do with programming a mobile phone.

Since all the people in this forum I suspect have more idea than me in mobile phones I would like to ask if there is a worldwide organization where I can track my phone which was stollen last Friday.

It was a brand new 6100 and I am very upset. In my country the mobile fraud and theft is very high but the government has not taken any action to prevent it and the telecommunications companies as well.

So if I know my phone's IMEI and I have proof of ownership etc. is there a way to track my phone?

Any recommendations would be really appreciated !!

thanks in advance

Despoina

Sorry, haven't found a way to track the IMEI... assuming it hasn't already been reprogrammed of course... but you could at least try entering your phone on www.itsbeenstolen.com

I have a feeling the mobile phone service providers COULD do a lot more to help here... but generally don't bother. :-(

Armed with a list of stolen IMEIs, they should be able to find the identifier of the SIM that's being used in the stolen phone, the mobile number currently being used by that phone, and the coe (cell of origin) to give an idea of the whereabouts of the phone...

I think

you mobile company can make your phone into a black list in Mobile network.