Discussion Board

Network access and local file acces .....

Hello,
    we are developing a nice small appli, where the UI would be in FL2.1, while the appli core is in native C++. We are using a Janus-based HTTP server and the communication between UI and core is then made using XML Socket, so far so good.
    However, because of the sockets, the UI needs to be published with "Network access" .. and then we have the following problem: if the core C++ sends to the UI the name of a video clip to play, then the FL UI needs to access it as "local file access" ... :-(

We thought about using 2 swf's, while the "file access" one would grant access to the "network" one, as follows:

System.security.allowDomain("*");

So, one swf is getting the filename from Core C++, pass it to the othe swf to open it.
    It works correctly on emulator .. but unfortunately not on my N95 (which is FL3.0).
    However, as expected, if everything is put in the Trusted folder and accessed thru the FlashPlayer, it would work.
    This is not helping to much, because eventually, the swf needs to be launched using the Document API, so ...

Has anybody ever succeedded to make this working ?

Thanks,
    Jacques.

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Network access and local file acces .....

because eventually, the swf needs to be launched using the Document API,
    If u r launching main swf embedded into c++ stub then u have to use absolute paths in main swf to load other swf files.However, u can also upgrade Flash Lite 3.0 to 3.1 in ur phone to get rid of this security issue. Get a Flash Lite 3.1 sis package for your phone from here:
    Flash Lite 3.1

Best Regards.
    SajiSoft

Re: Network access and local file acces .....

Hi,

has FL3.1 finally allowed both network and file access at the same time ? Then it's great news, i will surely get this updated installed !

u have to use absolute paths in main swf to load other swf files.
    however it does work when the main swf is launched from Flash Player, so does it mean that basically the main swf inherits the root path from the Player ?

Thanks,
    Jacques.

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Network access and local file acces .....

Quote Originally Posted by jsamoun View Post
    Hi,

has FL3.1 finally allowed both network and file access at the same time ? Then it's great news, i will surely get this updated installed !
    Yes! u can access both at same time in Flash Lite 3.1.

however it does work when the main swf is launched from Flash Player, so does it mean that basically the main swf inherits the root path from the Player ?
    yeah.Simple observation of mine :
    1- if u launch swf in standalone flash player then the root path to load swf files is the same as of the swf path.
    2- if u launch swf embedded into C++ stub (document api) then the root path is no longer same as of the swf path . Thats why absolute path is required to load swf files like file:///e:/others/child.swf.
    Hope it helps

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft