Posted by ravi vedala, ravivedala@strabus.com
on March 02, 2002 at 13:11

I am a new WAPpie. I have developed a small WAP application which will insert records into the database and fetches the same. I would like to establish the following configuration:

Using NokiaMobileBrowser(NMB)of Nokia Mobile Internet Toolkit, I would like to connect to the Nokia Activ Server 2.1 (WAP GATEWAY).
If I give the following URL in the NMB, http://localhost:8080/wml/top.jsp
my intention is: the request should go to the WAP Gateway (Nokia Activ Server 2.1) and the gateway should in turn forward the request to the web server(tomcat) running on the same machine. In the ToolKit preferences I had selected WAP GateWay Connection for the Server Simulator. When I give the above mentioned URL in the address bar of the toolkit,the simulator is showing the following error message: unable to reach the gateway. Following is the configuration I gave for the gateway, in the toolkit:
ip address : 197.197.197.127 (machine is in LAN) (also tried with localhost)
I selected almost all the different types of connection modes. Using the Nokia Activ Server Manager, I had enabled the WAP connectivity too. I am not getting where I am hanging out. Can anybody help me?