Discussion Board

Super Contributor

JVM_BIND Exception

Posted by ravi vedala, ravivedala@strabus.com
    on March 02, 2002 at 13:17

I have downloaded and installed Nokia Mobile Internet Toolkit 3.0. Earlier I was using JDK1.3, hence the toolkit by default installed JRE1.3.1 in my machine. I have developed a small WAP application and deployed in tomcat 3.2.3.1. Prior to the installation of Mobile Internet Toolkit in my machine, tomcat was running very fine and I had tested my WAP Application using OpenWave SDK's Siemens simulator. But, after installing the toolkit, tomcat is starting and just flushing off. I can see JVM_BIND exception in the tomcat window. I had tried with the following but couldnt succeed.
    1. Changed the classpath and path of tomcat to jdk1.3.1 - the same exception.
    2. Removed jdk1.3 and then changed the classpath and path of tomcat to jdk1.3.1.

Super Contributor

RE: JVM_BIND Exception

Posted by Mobile Internet Toolkit Team, wap.toolkit@nokia.com
    on March 14, 2002 at 23:07

Are you trying to start tomcat before or after you have started the toolkit? The symptoms that you have described look like a port number conflict. Most likely, between tomcat and what's called "server simulator" component of the toolkit, which is essentially a stripped down version of WAP gateway. I believe, in toolkit 3.0 you can switch off the server simulator by selecting "External Gateway" connection. By entering 127.0.0.1 as "external" gateway address, you will configure toolkit simulators to connect to tomcat (assuming that it supports WAP protocols; it probably does otherwise they would not conflict with each other)