Discussion Board

Unhappy Two weeks after passing QA and still not published

My application passed QA on Thursday 8 October along with a message saying that it will be published “typically” within one week.

Then I had a email on 9 October which said it would be in the “next export list which, due to a code freeze, will not take place until a week from Monday.”

Now two weeks later still no sign of my application, I have tried emailing 'PublishToOvi.Support@nokia.com' but no response.

Very Frustrating…

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: Two weeks after passing QA and still not published

Publish to Ovi was offline all last week for refinements. If it is not published this weekend and you do not get a response from the Ovi support team please contact me directly.

Ron

Thanks, I'll wait until Monday and see what happens.
    cheers

Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have similar problem. My application passed QA 3 weeks ago. It isn't published in Ovi store, yet. I have waited around 1,5 month to see my application in Ovi store, since I applied application to Ovi store.

Regards FoL

Hi Fol

You should email "PublishToOvi.Support@nokia.com".

I have had a response from them, they have said to me

"We are in an extended hold on exporting to Ovi Store since the new release of Ovi Publish tool. We hope to resume export Monday. Your app should be queued up to be exported early in the week if all goes as planned."

I'm hoping that is sooner rather than later as I wanted to get my app published before SEE 2009 which opens tomorrow.

cheers

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jscurtis View Post
    Hi Fol

You should email "PublishToOvi.Support@nokia.com".

I have had a response from them, they have said to me

"We are in an extended hold on exporting to Ovi Store since the new release of Ovi Publish tool. We hope to resume export Monday. Your app should be queued up to be exported early in the week if all goes as planned."

I'm hoping that is sooner rather than later as I wanted to get my app published before SEE 2009 which opens tomorrow.

cheers
    Have you been lucky and got your application published to Ovi store? I haven't.

Partner in cooperation have informed me that in Android market you get application published much faster than in 6 week. I wouldn't be supriced that soon Techcrunch and other third party IT site's will write unfavourable post about Ovi store's publishing problems. Negative posts is not good for Nokia neither publishers. Please, speed up your process. Publishers are loosing their patience.

Regards FoL

Unhappy Re: Now three weeks after passing QA and still not published

Hi Fol,

To answer your question, no I still do not have my app published.

And yes it is much quicker to publish Android apps. A friend told me how he completed is app late one Sunday night, published and by 8am Monday had over 200 downloads.

I'm still hopefull its going to be any day now!

regards

Regular Contributor

Exclamation Re: Two weeks after passing QA and still not published

My application isn't published in Ovi store, yet. Today it has passed 3,5 weeks since QA approved my application.

I had some spare time and I thought to apply application to Blackberry App World. It took two days to pass validation process in Blackberry's App World =) They publish application in 24h after validation process was passed. I would say that is a fast service!

Here is raw data of Ovi Store and App World efficiency.

Blackberry App World:

Application validation: 2 days
    Publishing time: 1 day

Nokia Ovi Store:

Application validation: 20 days
    Publishing time: 25 days (not yet published)

-FoL
    Last edited by forceoflight; 2009-11-01 at 16:41.

I have 4 application that have passed QA and still waiting to be published, the oldest one 5 weeks ago and the newest over 2 weeks

I have already contacted publishing support twice and still unpublished, will try again today

At the moment it is impossible for publishers to plan or control in anyway when their applications will be published even if they are uploaded them well in advance to they date they want them to be live.

I have still not had my application published, but I have had a couple of replies from OVI to say that they have had “a problem getting exports out for a week”.

I’m still hopefully my application will be published this week, It would be good if OVI made a bit more information public, I suspect (hope) that things will get better and these are temporary problems and the whole publishing cycle is going to get better.

The main problem for me is that not only have I not had my version 1.0.0 application published, but I now have a signed v2.0.0 that I’m afraid to attempt to publish while v1.0.0 is still in the pipeline.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

Please write publishtoovi.support@nokia.com with subject "delay of qa passed item getting publshed

state the name of the publisher, name of content item and when item was QA passed.

Thank you