Discussion Board

Open Signed Online- signing error

Hi All,

I have modified the UID3 value of my application to the value provided by Symbian Signed at 4 places
    1. MMP File
    2. PKG File
    3. Registration resource file
    4. A header file in the source code

I have tried grepping to check that all the old UID3 value at all places has replaced with the new value. Even after doing this, when I submit my sis file to Open Signed Online I get an error saying

"FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address(old UID3)"

Why is this happening? Do I need to modify UID3 value at any other place or are there other alternatives to get the application signed?

Thanks
    Zlixa

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Open Signed Online- signing error

You do need to reserve the UID from symbian signed using the same account you are using for signing it, or you can use test-range UIDs for the application..

Thanks for the reply.

But that's not the issue. I have changed the UID value of the application to the reserved UID value at 4 places mentioned in my earlier post. Even after doing this Open Signed reports that the sis file has the older UID which should not be the case.

I want to know if I have missed any other location where I need to change the UID.

Not according to the error messages, if it says "FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address(old UID3)", so do re-check the UID list for the UIDs reserved for the account you are trying to use for the signing.

"FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address(old UID3)"

Here (old UID3) is the value that was used earlier before I changed it to reserved UID. If I am making a mistake while using reserved UID the error should be

"FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address (reserved UID3)"

Thanks for the reply
    Last edited by zlixa; 2009-10-26 at 05:06. Reason: Acknowledgement

Sorry missed that, then do check that you don't mention the old UID in the pkg, also do check mmp files, resource files and the UID returned by the applciation class, and make sure they all are changed.

I grepped for the old UID3 (even parts of UID3) over the entire project directory.

I had missed out a place where I had to modify the UID value. Did it. It's working now.
    Last edited by zlixa; 2009-10-26 at 07:13. Reason: Issue resolved

Then do clean from the menu for your project, then check your pkg source files, that they are indeed all deleted. The do delete all generated sis files, and then try building again, then at least if you have done all changes into codes, the files should be updated to the new UID values..

(Uups, missed your last change.. anyway, leaving this for others to see, if they have similar problems..)