Discussion Board

Sound issues when publishing to Ovi

Hi all

Sound Problem 'Flash Content error 7' our .swf file plays just fine on nokia hand set, passes all the 'Ovi' tests with flying colours, until we package in to a .sis file loads great, icon works well, .swf plays fine but on the incoming call test we get the above error, if you locate the flash file and set that playing no error. What is happening when we package up the file?
    Last edited by sgone; 2009-11-05 at 06:06.

Re: Sound issues when publishing to Ovi

Quote Originally Posted by sgone View Post
    Hi all

Sound Problem 'Flash Content error 7' our .swf file plays just fine on nokia hand set, passes all the 'Ovi' tests with flying colours, until we package in to a .sis file loads great, icon works well, .swf plays fine but on the incoming call test we get the above error, if you locate the flash file and set that playing no error. What is happening when we package up the file?

Hi can you pls. tell if you have solved the issue and how?

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi zokito,
    I think Yes! he solved the issue by making a SWF Launcher instead of a stub. And for more info about SWF Launcher, read here :
    swf-works-fine-untill-packaged-in-a-sis-and-launched-from-icon

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Quote Originally Posted by zokito View Post
    Hi can you pls. tell if you have solved the issue and how?
    Hi Zokito

Yes I managed to solve the problem with lots of help from Sajisoft who is a hero. It was something to do with the way the .swf was launched on the phone, Saijisoft very kindly created a .swf launch in C++ which installed the .swf on the phone and I had no more problems. Just now need to figer out how to create a new launcher in C++ for each of the .swf files I have, this is proving more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sajisoft View Post
    Hi zokito,
    I think Yes! he solved the issue by making a SWF Launcher instead of a stub. And for more info about SWF Launcher, read here :
    swf-works-fine-untill-packaged-in-a-sis-and-launched-from-icon

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft
    Hi SajiSoft,

I have tried both method for creating flash stub application and both can't pass QA test @OVI required for nokia signing. test case 4 - answering and resuming a call on old firmware devices.

1. Download and install the content.
    2. Launch the content.
    3. Receive an incoming call.
    ACTUAL RESULT: “Flash content error:7” message is displayed after answer the incoming call.
    EXPECTED RESULT: The content is installed and launched properly. The user was able to run the content without any errors.
    AFFECTED DEVICES: Nokia N97 Firmware (v20.0.019), Nokia N97mini Firmware (v10.0.020), Nokia 5235 Firmware (v12.6.092). Nokia X6 Firmware (v11.0.077). (public, Qa in progress -> Qa failed)

when i got this error on Flash Viewer Frameworks API i first thought it's because of the bugs mentioned in your post. But then when i changed the method used for launching flash content i got the same result from QA.

When i try it on all the listed models with newer firmware it works as a clock. I can't even find devices on RDA which have these firmwares.

Any advice maybe?

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi Zokito,
    Do ur content have less interactive elements/buttons ? If yes, then u are left with the last method i.e packaging ur swf as WRT. Actually, there are many flash games in OVI Store with sound and packed as a SIS which gives us confidence that this issue can be resolved. Try following things :
    - Encode your mp3 under different settings i.e less bitrate, mono/sterio etc
    - Try to use acc instead of mp3.
    - Not to include a big audio file and m sure u r playing only one sound at a time.
    Hope it helps..

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Hi Zokito

Sorry to hear this, I'm about to send my app for signing using C++ launcher that SajiSoft very kindly sent me I will let you both know how I get one.

KR

Steve