Discussion Board

Question N97 kinetic scrolling and CustomItem's pointerDragged

I have a CustomItem in a form which overrides pointerDragged to accept touch input for scrolling purposes. The user has to drag his/her finger across the screen vertically for the scrolling to work.

After updating my N97's firmware to v20, dragging a finger vertically across the screen triggers the kinetic scrolling input causing the entire form to be scrolled. Is there any way I can capture the touch input in order to override this behaviour?

Thanks.

Re: N97 kinetic scrolling and CustomItem's pointerDragged

Any solution for this?

This issue absolutely cripples the ability to scroll the text area in my application on the N97 mini. It is still scrollable on the N97 using the d-pad.

Regular Contributor

I didn't get the situation could you describe it better please...
    Thanks,
    Adam Zehavi.

I have a CustomItem on a form in which I implemented the pointerDragged method in order to move elements within the control.

Prior to the v20 firmware, this worked fine as the CustomItem handled the user dragging his/her finger across the control correctly. After I installed the v20 firmware on my phone, whenever I try to drag across on the screen in order to scroll, it seems as if the action is interpreted as me trying to scroll the form containing the CustomItem itself. This in turn doesn't allow the pointerDragged for the CustomItem to be executed.

In other words, it appears the kinetic scrolling of the Form is preventing the child CustomItem to get the pointerDragged event. Hope this clarifies it.

Thanks.

I still haven't been able to find a solution for this. Any ideas?

Thanks.