Discussion Board

S60 5th Edtion SDK faild compile

I have on disk C Windows XP, and instaled on the Disk D: S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0, Carbide C++ v2.04, Active Perl 5.6.1, CLS Arm Toolchain. I wanted verifing SDK with S60 5th Edition SDK installation guide. First I created simple project like: "hello word" in Carbide C++, saved it. Then opened command line, changed current directory to my project, group folder. Type bldmake bldfiles. It was everythink ok. Then want compile: abld build [gcce urel] [ arm5v urel]. In every case compile was faild. Below i show messages which i get for abld build:

D:\symbian\projects\helloWord\group>abld build
    make -r -f "\symbian\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\symbia
    n\projects\helloWord\group\EXPORT.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    Nothing to do
    n\projects\helloWord\group\ARMV5.make" MAKEFILE VERBOSE=-s
    make -s -C \symbian\projects\helloWord\group -f "ICONS_AIF_SCALABLE_DC.MK" TO_R
    OOT=..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=\symbian\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUI
    LD\ICONS_AIF_SCALABLE_DC\ARMV5 TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\symbian\projects\helloWord\
    group PLATFORM=ARMV5 MAKMAKE
    perl -S makmake.pl -D \symbian\projects\helloWord\group\HELLOWORD ARMV5
    cpp: D:\symbian\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\include\RVCT0_0\RVCT
    0_0.H: No such file or directory
    ERROR: cpp.EXE failure
    make: *** [MAKEFILEHELLOWORD] Error 33
    n\projects\helloWord\group\GCCE.make" MAKEFILE VERBOSE=-s
    OOT=..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=\symbian\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUI
    LD\ICONS_AIF_SCALABLE_DC\GCCE TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\symbian\projects\helloWord\g
    roup PLATFORM=GCCE MAKMAKE
    perl -S makmake.pl -D \symbian\projects\helloWord\group\HELLOWORD GCCE
    n\projects\helloWord\group\ARMV5.make" LIBRARY VERBOSE=-s
    LD\ICONS_AIF_SCALABLE_DC\ARMV5 TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\symbian\projects\helloWord\
    group PLATFORM=ARMV5 LIB
    make -s -r -f "\symbian\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\symbi
    an\projects\helloWord\group\HELLOWORD\ARMV5\HELLOWORD.ARMV5" LIBRARY
    make[1]: \symbian\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\symbian\proj
    ects\helloWord\group\HELLOWORD\ARMV5\HELLOWORD.ARMV5: No such file or directory
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `\symbian\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1
    .0\EPOC32\BUILD\symbian\projects\helloWord\group\HELLOWORD\ARMV5\HELLOWORD.ARMV5
    '. Stop.
    make: *** [LIBRARYHELLOWORD] Error 2
    n\projects\helloWord\group\GCCE.make" LIBRARY VERBOSE=-s
    LD\ICONS_AIF_SCALABLE_DC\GCCE TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\symbian\projects\helloWord\g
    roup PLATFORM=GCCE LIB
    an\projects\helloWord\group\HELLOWORD\GCCE\HELLOWORD.GCCE" LIBRARY
    n\projects\helloWord\group\ARMV5.make" RESOURCE CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    group PLATFORM=ARMV5 CFG=UDEB RESOURCE
    an\projects\helloWord\group\HELLOWORD\ARMV5\HELLOWORD.ARMV5" RESOURCEUDEB
    make[1]: \symbian\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\symbian\proj
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `\symbian\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1
    .0\EPOC32\BUILD\symbian\projects\helloWord\group\HELLOWORD\ARMV5\HELLOWORD.ARMV5
    '. Stop.
    make: *** [RESOURCEHELLOWORD] Error 2
    n\projects\helloWord\group\ARMV5.make" RESOURCE CFG=UREL VERBOSE=-s
    group PLATFORM=ARMV5 CFG=UREL RESOURCE
    an\projects\helloWord\group\HELLOWORD\ARMV5\HELLOWORD.ARMV5" RESOURCEUREL
    '. Stop.
    make: *** [RESOURCEHELLOWORD] Error 2
    n\projects\helloWord\group\GCCE.make" RESOURCE CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    roup PLATFORM=GCCE CFG=UDEB RESOURCE
    an\projects\helloWord\group\HELLOWORD\GCCE\HELLOWORD.GCCE" RESOURCEUDEB
    n\projects\helloWord\group\GCCE.make" RESOURCE CFG=UREL VERBOSE=-s
    roup PLATFORM=GCCE CFG=UREL RESOURCE
    an\projects\helloWord\group\HELLOWORD\GCCE\HELLOWORD.GCCE" RESOURCEUREL
    an\projects\helloWord\group\HELLOWORD\ARMV5\HELLOWORD.ARMV5" UDEB
    '. Stop.
    make: *** [TARGETHELLOWORD] Error 2
    n\projects\helloWord\group\ARMV5.make" TARGET CFG=UREL VERBOSE=-s
    group PLATFORM=ARMV5 CFG=UREL BLD
    an\projects\helloWord\group\HELLOWORD\ARMV5\HELLOWORD.ARMV5" UREL
    '. Stop.
    make: *** [TARGETHELLOWORD] Error 2
    an\projects\helloWord\group\HELLOWORD\GCCE\HELLOWORD.GCCE" UDEB
    n\projects\helloWord\group\GCCE.make" TARGET CFG=UREL VERBOSE=-s
    roup PLATFORM=GCCE CFG=UREL BLD
    an\projects\helloWord\group\HELLOWORD\GCCE\HELLOWORD.GCCE" UREL
    n\projects\helloWord\group\GCCE.make" FINAL CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    roup PLATFORM=GCCE CFG=UDEB FINAL
    n\projects\helloWord\group\GCCE.make" FINAL CFG=UREL VERBOSE=-s
    roup PLATFORM=GCCE CFG=UREL FINAL

D:\symbian\projects\helloWord\group>

Could anyone help me? I was searching solution in google and this forum, but i'm not found.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: S60 5th Edtion SDK faild compile

You should propably try compiling for GCCE, since unless you have bought the license and isntalled the ARMV5 compiler, you can not really use it..

"abld build" attempts to build for all possible target platforms (specified in bld.inf or the default for the given SDK).
    Intermixed with a failed attempt to build for ARMV5, there seems to be a successful GCCE build too.

Thanks for very fast reply. I found generated files in epoc32\release\gcce\ directory. Could You answer for more one question: if in command line type epoc, start emulator, and then always have errors. If i haven't set env PATH i get "
    D:\symbian>epoc
    ERROR: EPOCROOT must specify an existing directory. ". I reed on forums that if i set enviroment path i can work only on one emulator. Do You know how solve this problem?

The last time when EPOCROOT was necessary was Symbian 6.1 (or Series 60 1st edition). You are using Symbian 9.4, and S60 5th edition, so you will not need it.
    You can always run the emulator directly using its .exe file (in epoc32\release\winscw\udeb\epoc.exe). For 'epoc from anywhere' feature check what a 'devices' command list. It will quickly turn out if the SDK is visible at all, and if it is marked as default or not.
    Then a 'devices -info @S60_5th...' can list you where the command line tools are trying to find the SDK (unfortunately I have no S60 5th SDK here and now, but you need to copy the complete device ID you got from the 'devices' command executed in itself).

EDIT: Of course you may consider checking if EPOCROOT exists from the command line (type 'set EPOCROOT', and it should say that it does not exist).

And an important thing: both ARMV5 and GCCE are targets for real devices, the emulator will not show or execute projects built for the telephones. You would need a build for WINSCW UDEB, it did not appear in your original build log. (Have you unchecked it when generating the project?)
    Last edited by wizard_hu_; 2009-10-31 at 15:51.

If I open and run the emulator directly using its .exe file (in epoc32\release\winscw\udeb\epoc.exe), the situtation is the same as I will type in comand line epoc. Visual Studio want debbug epoc.exe.

If i type in comamand line "set EPOCROOT" command line show me the message that it isn't set.

Good news about EPOCROOT, keep it that way.

Call devices.exe, the output should be something like

Code:
    C:\Users\lucian>devices
    S60_5th:com.nokia.s60 - default

C:\Users\lucian>
    If you get instead

Code:
    S60_5th:com.nokia.s60

then you have to follow wizard_hu_'s advice and make the SDK default by calling

Code:
    C:\Users\lucian>devices -setdefault @S60_5th:com.nokia.s60

If you get however

Code:

no element found at line 1, column 0, byte 0 at C:/Perl/site/lib/XML/Parser.pm line 168

or

Code:
    No devices are currently installed.

Then either c:\Program Files\Common Files\devices.xml is empty or missing alltogether and you need to address that issue.

See also yesterday's usefull link in my signature.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

I have in command line:

C:\>devices
    S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0:com.nokia.s60 - default
    Nokia_N97_SDK_v1.0:com.nokia.s60

C:\>perl -version

This is perl, v5.6.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    (with 1 registered patch, see perl -V for more detail)

C:\>java -version
    java version "1.6.0_13"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_13-b03)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.3-b02, mixed mode)

But i set in S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\tools\ecmt\config\config.properties: epdt.java.version.start=1.4.1,1.4.2,1.5,5.0,1.6,6.0

D:\>mwccsym2.exe -version

Nokia Codewarrior C/C++ Compiler for Windows/x86.
    Copyright (c) 2008, Nokia Corporation
    All rights reserved.
    Version 3.2.5 build 473 (Build 473)
    Runtime Built: Apr 30 2008 14:33:37

D:\>arm-none-symbianelf-gcc.exe -v
    Reading specs from .. snip ..
    Configured with: .. snip ..
    Thread model: single
    gcc version 3.4.3 (release) (CodeSourcery ARM Q1C 2005)

Devices.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <devices version="1.0">
    <device default="yes" id="S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0" name="com.nokia.s60" userdeletable="yes">
    <epocroot>D:\symbian\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\</epocroot>
    <toolsroot>D:\symbian\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0</toolsroot>
    </device>
    <device default="no" id="Nokia_N97_SDK_v1.0" name="com.nokia.s60" userdeletable="yes">
    <epocroot>D:\symbian\S60\devices\Nokia_N97_SDK_v1.0\</epocroot>
    <toolsroot>D:\symbian\S60\devices\Nokia_N97_SDK_v1.0</toolsroot>
    </device>
    </devices>

I also saw log file epocwind.out:

PlatSecEnforcement OFF
    PlatSecDiagnostics ON
    PlatSecProcessIsolation ON
    PlatSecEnforceSysBin ON
    PlatSecDisabledCaps NONE
    0.000 Thread 00957468 created @ 0x957468 - Win32 Thread ID 0x1c8
    0.000 Thread EKern.exe::Supervisor created @ 0xa51c58 - Win32 Thread ID 0xee4
    0.000 Thread EKern.exe::DfcThread0 created @ 0xa528bc - Win32 Thread ID 0x1e4
    0.000 Thread EKern.exe::DfcThread1 created @ 0xa52cec - Win32 Thread ID 0xed0
    0.000 Thread EKern.exe::TimerThread created @ 0xa533dc - Win32 Thread ID 0xc10
    1.440 Thread EKern.exe::FlashThread created @ 0xa62130 - Win32 Thread ID 0xb8c
    1.450 Thread EKern.exe::MultiMediaCard0 created @ 0xa632cc - Win32 Thread ID 0x168
    1.450 Thread EKern.exe::NandThread created @ 0xa6e3b4 - Win32 Thread ID 0xe40
    1.455 Thread EFile.exe::Main created @ 0xa6f180 - Win32 Thread ID 0x500
    1.455 Thread EFile.exe::Local-00a71208 created @ 0xa714c8 - Win32 Thread ID 0x2f8
    1.460 Thread EFile.exe::LoaderThread created @ 0xa73158 - Win32 Thread ID 0xf34
    1.460 Thread EFile.exe::StartupThread created @ 0xa73774 - Win32 Thread ID 0x3a8
    1.550 Thread E32STRT.EXE::Main created @ 0xa790f8 - Win32 Thread ID 0x378
    1.560 Thread EFile.exe::Local-00a79238 created @ 0xa794f8 - Win32 Thread ID 0xe88
    1.565 Thread EFile.exe::Local-00a797ec created @ 0xa79aac - Win32 Thread ID 0x354
    1.570 Thread EFile.exe::InitCompleteThread created @ 0xa7be24 - Win32 Thread ID 0xf7c
    1.655 Thread HALSettings.exe::Main created @ 0xa7c3e8 - Win32 Thread ID 0xc30
    1.655 Thread HALSettings.exe::Main Killed -12
    1.665 Thread EFile.exe::Local-00a7bd58 created @ 0xa7c018 - Win32 Thread ID 0x74c
    1.745 Thread domainSrv.exe::Main created @ 0xa7ce64 - Win32 Thread ID 0x728
    2.125 Assertion failed: Do not call in ISR context
    Function: Kern::HalFunction(TInt, TInt, TAny*, TAny*)
    Function: NKern::LockSystem
    Function: NKern::Lock
    2.125 Assertion failed: Do not call from bare Win32 threads
    2.130 Assertion failed: Do not call in ISR context
    Function: NKern::Unlock
    2.130 Assertion failed: Do not call from bare Win32 threads

Ok, so the right SDK set as default and no EPOCROOT variable set. Yet your error is still about EPOCROOT pointing to an unexisting drive.
    Funny enough you say that this used to work before and you were able to build the project for the emulator.

The only suspicious thing I see now is that your SDK is installed on the D drive and that might cause it some issues. But can't think of any good way of going forward.

What version of Windows are you running, by the way?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

I work on windows XP.

Funny enough you say that this used to work before and you were able to build the project for the emulator.
    I can build the project on S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0, but can't start the emulator. If i change default emultor to N97 emulator work property.

Something is indeed funny. I've played with installing the SDK on diferent configs and it seems that the emulator will only start if the path is not changed. You have it on D:\symbian\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\ so give it a try after moving it to D:\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\ (just move the files using a file manager and then edit the path in devices.xml as well).
    -- Lucian

Yes it was that. If i moved file to D:\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\ it work property.

Thank You.