Discussion Board

3510i Color palette

I was wondering if anybody knows where to find the exact palette the 3510i uses? I know it's 12 bit , 4096 colors. But I can't find the exact palette...also the emulators I tried didn't feature a pallette.
    Also what levels of transparency are supported (0-100%) or just specific levels (fe 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%).
    The phone probably remaps the colors if they aren't the exact palette colors. So I need to know the exact palette to avoid any graphical glitches.

So now I'm turning to you guys, if anyone could point me to a link or so, I would be really gratefull. BTW i searched the nokia dev section and couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

David

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

there is already a technical note about this in Forum Nokia website. Just go to http://www.forum.nokia.com/ -> Java -> Documents and there you will find a tech note titled "Color Management in..." - tell me if that is not of any help.

Kind regards,
    Tinke / FN

Hi tinkezione,
    first of all thanks you for your reply.
    I already DL'ed that document, it only describes the differences between series 30/40 treatment for RGB channels.

And yes, it states that the series 30 (like the 3510i) have 4096 colors or 16 shades per RGB channel. But it doesn't say anything about WHICH shades and transparency.
    I'm looking for the exact RGB values and the levels of transparency supported. I'm under the impression that such a document doesn't exist, and I will probably end up designing the graphics in truecolor and seeing how the 3510i remaps it to its own 4096 color palette.

Unless somebody has the exact 4096 colors (in RGB) in a palette that is ;-)

David

ok my mistake, I previously didn't read the last 2 lines in the doc. There it states the colors in HEX-values so I can construct my palette from it. 4096 colors, will take a while ;-)

Now the only question which is left, is what transparency levels does the series 30 support? 0-100% or just specific levels?

Color palette documentation

Currently the doc mentioned in this thread is unavailable on the Nokia site (do i expect anything less?). Would anyone be kind enough to mail it to me, or place it elsewhere on the web.

I do need it ASAP :-(

Cheers.