Discussion Board

How to get TicketExample worked on real phone? Is signing required?

Hello. I'm new to NFC and also MIDlet.

I have a 6212 NFC and want to work TicketExample (which is included 6212 SDK) on it.

I built TicketExample and installed it into real phone (via PC Suite), and could lauch it. But when I select the "Check my balance" menu, I get an SecurityException. I guess the SecurityException is thrown at "Connector.open(System.getProperty("internal.se.url"));"

My 6212 NFC is unlocked with UnlockMIDlet, but my build of TichetExample is not signed.

Is signing required to get TicketExample worked on real phone?
    and if so, is there any way for it without cost? (self-signing, testing way for developer, or something that is expected.)

regards.

Re: How to get TicketExample worked on real phone? Is signing required?

Quote Originally Posted by yagisita View Post
    Hello. I'm new to NFC and also MIDlet.

I have a 6212 NFC and want to work TicketExample (which is included 6212 SDK) on it.

I built TicketExample and installed it into real phone (via PC Suite), and could lauch it. But when I select the "Check my balance" menu, I get an SecurityException. I guess the SecurityException is thrown at "Connector.open(System.getProperty("internal.se.url"));"

My 6212 NFC is unlocked with UnlockMIDlet, but my build of TichetExample is not signed.

Is signing required to get TicketExample worked on real phone?
    and if so, is there any way for it without cost? (self-signing, testing way for developer, or something that is expected.)

regards.
    yes, you need to sign this midlet. Therefor you are required to buy a code signing certificate, which comes for something like 500 USD.

best, geri-m

I don't really get how are we suppose to develop application, if each time that we want to test it on a real phone (because you know, many times the emulator behave differently than the real phone...), we have to pay 500 USD and wait for some amount of time.

For accessing the secure element, is it absolutely required to sign the MIDlet ? I am developping a simple NFC application that read a tag and connect to a remote server, I actually don't sign my application, and it just ask me permission before accessing the network and things like that... But I can still use it without signing it!
    Is there not a way to do the same thing for an app that access the Secure Element ?

Thanks,
    Bernard.

Regarding signing) you just buy the certificate once and then you can used it for two years usually. you can immediatly sign the midlet so there is also no need to wait. it's just a part of the deployment process

Regarding your app) you are reading an _external_ smartcard chip. in this case you don't need a signed midlet (you're fine). signing is just required fro accessing the _internal_ secure element.

best, geri-m