Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

Browser Control API

Hi all,

I have a question related to the use of the embedded web browser (http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...er_Control_API).

Question:
    ---------

After I call LoadUrlL() method to instruct the browser to access given URL and download the content, is there any possibility to pre-process (modify) the HTTP response, before it is passed to the embedded browser control, which will consequently render it? I was looking for some observer (or kind of filter), which will allow me to modify the HTTP response before it is passed to embedded web browser control, but I did not find any.

Thanks a lot for help
    Best regards,
    STeN

Re: Browser Control API

Probably the best option would still be using a http filter (check the sdk docs) to have a more generic solution.

In any case, I've been using this api a while ago and have run into some issues on the n97 when clicking on a link. Seems to be some issue with decodification (compressed or utf) and was just showing garbage..

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi,

Thanks for the answer and the advice with http filters!

In general what was your feeling about the API? Was it good? Did you faced any other problems or did it needs to use some tricks it is worth to know about, before start coding?

I am expecting that it is possible to be triggered back in the C++ code via some observer callback, when user clicks on the link and consequently modify it or discard the 'click event', so the target URL will not be visited - at least I understand from documentation that this is possible.

Thanks
    STeN

Probably it's possible, though it's been a while since I used it, and as I said before, I discarded it when I ran into that issue I commented above (so I wouldn't call my experience as 'good' :-)). As you noticed, there are many observers for use, so it might be possible to achieve it that way as well. Sorry for not being able to give you a more precise answer..