hi there,

i'm currently trying to develop a mysql connector in qt on s60 5th edition phones. my problem is now that qt can't find the drivers to connect to the mysql-db... when i call 'QSqlDatabase::drivers()' the only result i get is QSQLITE. i already tried to re-configure qt to use the include paths and libs from my mysql-installation but without any positive result:

Code:
[qt-dir:] configure -qt-sql-mysql -l mysql -I c:\MySQL\include -L c:\MySQL\lib\opt
error msg (ok this message i guess i understand - i try to configure qt with mysql support but it has no platform to configure...):

Code:
mingw32-make: *** No targets.  Stop.
mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
Cleaning qmake failed, return code 2
also i tried re-configuring qt for s60 for the device with following command:

Code:
[qt-dir:] configure -platform win32-mwc -xplatform symbian-abld -qt-sql-mysql -lmysql -I "C:\MySQL\include" -L "C:\MySQL\lib\opt"
and there in the output window i could see that the mysql option was switched to on:

Code:
Sql Drivers:
    ODBC....................no
    MySQL...................yes
    OCI.....................no
    PostgreSQL..............no
    TDS.....................no
    DB2.....................no
    SQLite..................yes (system)
    SQLite2.................no
    InterBase...............no

the configure-command succeded, but when i built my app it didn't work: only the QSQLITE driver was displayed...

i also tried to build a the mysql libs so that qt recognizes them (generate *.a files):

Code:
c:\MySQL\lib\opt>reimp -d libmysql.lib
c:\MySQL\lib\opt>dlltool -k -d libmysql.def -l libmysql.a
the first command succeeded (reimp), but the second command produced following error:

Code:
Sorry, \epoc32\gcc\bin\dlltool.exe is not supported in this release. Please use a different
device. Use 'devices' to view the available devices.
and when i call the devices command my devices are listed (it doesn't matter which device is the default device -> it doesn't work with both):

Code:
S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0:com.nokia.s60 - default
S60_3rd_FP1:com.nokia.s60
maybe someone had a similar problem and/or can help me out with that one...

big thx in advance!

my system configuration:
win7 professional x86 - english
qt for s60 4.5.2 tower release (i also tried the new 4.6 beta version, but same problem)
symbian s60 5th edition + 3rd edition fp1 installed