Discussion Board

Python runtime problem

I have a python script to read inbox msgs . I am using mergesis to merge my sis and Python runtime .
    1) I am not able to merge with PythonS60 runtime for 5th edition without PIPS . It says there are many sis files inside the python runtime for 5th edition
    2) When I install the runtime alone on my Nokia 5800 it says certificate expired
    3) I was able to merge my sis with Python runtime for 3 edition , but after installing it says I have to upgrade my phone and shows some mail software's to upgrade (I cannot expect my client to upgrade for installing my software)
    4)I installed the 3rd edition runtime and then installed my sis on the phone , still it did not work , asking for some updates .

Is there any possible way I can use mergesis with the runtime for 5th edition , and the application runs without any upgrades and all .
    I am sorry if i am reposting , I am searched the forum but couldnt find help
    Please point me in the right direction

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Python runtime problem

Quote Originally Posted by anandnarayan891 View Post
    I have a python script to read inbox msgs . I am using mergesis to merge my sis and Python runtime .
    Hello anandnarayan891

First of all you need to mention what version of PyS60 you are using.
    1) I am not able to merge with PythonS60 runtime for 5th edition without PIPS . It says there are many sis files inside the python runtime for 5th edition
    You need to use the makesis tool of to merge the sis of your application with the Python runtime.

2) When I install the runtime alone on my Nokia 5800 it says certificate expired.
    Setting your phones date to some months back may help you.

Try following the above two suggestions and that would give a idea for your other questions.

Regards,

First of all you need to mention what version of PyS60 you are using.

----->1)The version of PyS60 is 1.4.5

You need to use the makesis tool of to merge the sis of your application with the Python runtime.

----->2)I am using mergesis and I am not able to find anything in the ensymble tool as makesis

Setting your phones date to some months back may help you.

3) I can change the dates in my phone , but I cannot expect my customer to do that right?

Nokia Developer Champion

hello anandnarayan891

thats bit confusing if you are using PyS60 1.4.5 then how are you merging the Python runtime of 1.9.7. PyS60 1.4.5 doesnt have any sis embedded.

Moreover Makesis is an symbian C++ application development tool, you can check the sdk documentation or carbide documentation for using that.

Can you tell in detail which runtime are you trying to merge and in which release(1.4.5 or 1.9.x) you have developed your application??

Regards,