Discussion Board

Unhappy PyS60 & Opensigned Problems

Hi

I wrote a small PYS60 script to test if I can create a stand alone application that can be installed on phone. The script does nothing but prints the Cell id using the location.gsm_location() service. The script works just fine when I run it from the shell.

I packaged the script using the application packager using no UID or certificate. I got an sis file which is installable but when it runs it prints 0 for the Cell ID. That was predicted as the .sis needs to be signed. So, I went to symbian signed and I used the opensigned form to sign it for my IMEI device (It did not ask me for capabilities). I got the sis file but again when it runs it prints 0! Why is that? Am I missing something?

Finally, is there any tutorial or sample application that shows how errors and exceptions can be handled?

I appreciate your help.

Super Contributor

Re: PyS60 & Opensigned Problems

Hi,

You should specify the capabilities (such as Location, ReadDeviceData etc.) in the "Additional options" field (write --caps=Location+ReadDeviceData+...)

well, I did that. I added --icon=H:\icon.svg --caps=LocalServices+NetworkServices+ReadUserData+WriteUserData+UserEnvironment+Location

Please note that my application reads cellid and gps data. After creating the .sis file I open signed it. When I tried to install it I got the message: Required Application Access not granted.

What is wrong.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by shalan View Post
    well, I did that. I added --icon=H:\icon.svg --caps=LocalServices+NetworkServices+ReadUserData+WriteUserData+UserEnvironment+Location

Please note that my application reads cellid and gps data. After creating the .sis file I open signed it. When I tried to install it I got the message: Required Application Access not granted.

What is wrong.
    hello shalan

please try mentioning all capabilities as you need ReadDeviceData capability with ReadUserData and Location to get cell id. And for GPS data you just need the Location capability.

I guess you have not mentioned the ReadDeviceData capability while making the sis file.