Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Expert

Emulator network connection

Hi,
    I am working on a network related project for 3'rd edition platform devices. Also i need to port that to 5.0 also. Is there some knowledge base on how to configure the emulator for network support. i tried running the browser in both 3.0 and 5.0 sdk emulators and couldnt connect to network.

br,
    Anoop
    Anoop..

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Emulator network connection

Have you checked the SDK ? For example something like: Symbian OS v9.X » Symbian OS Tools And Utilities » Emulator » Emulator guide ?

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi Neil,
    I followed all the instruction given in the support doc in sdk reference, for example "Proxy server name and Proxy server port fields." and still not connecting. I remember installing some ethernet software for 2'nd edition. does it need some other software for the connectivity. Even editing some settings in epoc.ini also in 2'nd edition

Br,
    Anoop
    Anoop..

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by anoopd View Post
    Hi Neil,
    I followed all the instruction given in the support doc in sdk reference, for example "Proxy server name and Proxy server port fields." and still not connecting. I remember installing some ethernet software for 2'nd edition. does it need some other software for the connectivity. Even editing some settings in epoc.ini also in 2'nd edition

Br,
    Anoop
    Actually no. If you select winsock as access point, it gets connected very easily in 3rd ed.

Nokia Developer Expert

Unhappy Re: Emulator network connection

Hi neil,
    I tried browsing after installing the sdk version's for 3.0 and 5.0, but i was not able to get connected to the network. But am able to get the winsock as access point but after selecting the right access point also its not getting connected. I came across this instruction guide to get connected to network. in symbian network "http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_Setup_Browsing_on_the_Emulator". But after following all the steps explined in this blog, now am getting a different kinda response, like when i try to connect its giving the following error "Connection Not Available(-26041)". Please guide in resolving this issues.
    Anoop..