×

Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campina Grande/PB - Brazil
    Posts
    138

    Re: Facebook in j2me

    Very interesting. Are you going to release it?

  2. #17
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10

    Re: Facebook in j2me

    Quote Originally Posted by TK2000 View Post
    Very interesting. Are you going to release it?
    Not yet, it seems that facebook constantly changes its own code. I don't know why, eg. I used display=wap today, tomorrow it won't work so I switch to display=page, now it works again but then tomorrow facebook will change the authentication page so I will change again and again, they don't seem to get tired doing so and so am I. Will release it when all these annoying changes from facebook halts.

  3. #18
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10

    Re: Facebook in j2me

    Quote Originally Posted by genergabasa View Post
    Not yet, it seems that facebook constantly changes its own code. I don't know why, eg. I used display=wap today, tomorrow it won't work so I switch to display=page, now it works again but then tomorrow facebook will change the authentication page so I will change again and again, they don't seem to get tired doing so and so am I. Will release it when all these annoying changes from facebook halts.
    Update:

    Here's a working version of the library http://www.4shared.com/file/iY7CUNZc/FacebookAPI.html

    Simply add it on your classpath and make sure to package it in your MIDlet. Sample usage:

    final String API_KEY = "your key";
    final String API_SECRET = "your secret";

    FacebookME fb = null;

    fb = new FacebookME(<your MIDlet>);

    fb.authenticate(API_KEY, API_SECRET, <your Displayable>);

    if(fb.isAuthenticated()) fb.feed(<message>, <params>); //fb.feed("Hello, world", "&link=your link&picture=your picture&name=your name&caption=your caption&description=your description");

    This is made in pure LCDUI.
    Last edited by genergabasa; 2013-08-13 at 17:16.

  4. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campina Grande/PB - Brazil
    Posts
    138

    Re: Facebook in j2me

    Oh man, thanks!

    Is there some extra documentation?

    I wanna do some tests with the API to test this Facebook/J2ME integration.

    Thanks to release it.
    Great JoB!!!

    best regards,
    Maurílio

  5. #20
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    271

    Re: Facebook in j2me

    Great work!! Please provide more documentation as I couldnt get it to work.

    Also,where do we enter the username and password ?

  6. #21
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: Facebook in j2me

    Quote Originally Posted by arunkam View Post
    Also,where do we enter the username and password ?
    I have not seen this , but it might be using OAuth where you dont need username and password !!, you will enter your userkey in the Facebook Authenication Page, which will be presented to you in the authentication process !!

  7. #22
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10

    Re: Facebook in j2me

    Quote Originally Posted by arunkam View Post
    Great work!! Please provide more documentation as I couldnt get it to work.

    Also,where do we enter the username and password ?
    Btw, it requires a verified facebook account. To do so, login on your desktop browser and go to https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=mobile. Add your phone number to verify your account.

  8. #23
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10

    Re: Facebook in j2me

    Quote Originally Posted by gaba88 View Post
    I have not seen this , but it might be using OAuth where you dont need username and password !!, you will enter your userkey in the Facebook Authenication Page, which will be presented to you in the authentication process !!
    calling authenticate will show the login form where you can enter your username and password

  9. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1

    Re: Facebook in j2me

    Hi,

    can i include this library for an application intended to put in Nokia store ?

  10. #25
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10

    Re: Facebook in j2me

    Quote Originally Posted by kksree View Post
    Hi,

    can i include this library for an application intended to put in Nokia store ?
    @kksree sure, you're free to use it. I'd appreciate if you could put me on credits

Similar Threads

  1. J2ME or C++ for VoIP on Mobile
    By sandeepkumar03 in forum VoIP
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-02-02, 10:28
  2. Calling a native c or c++ application from J2ME
    By satyarajasekhar in forum Mobile Java Networking & Messaging & Security
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2009-01-02, 12:10
  3. J2ME or C++ for VoIP on Mobile Phone
    By sandeepkumar03 in forum Mobile Java Media (Graphics & Sounds)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2008-11-13, 20:14
  4. Acessing voice channel using J2ME
    By diegomello in forum VoIP
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2008-10-21, 15:57
  5. Can J2ME be used for sending MMS Message ?
    By seno_ap in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-11-24, 14:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×