Discussion Board

Question do some mobile devices ask for passkey connecting to server with no pass required?

Hi.

While trying to build a bluetooth pc app that basically sends a file (obex) whenever a mobile phone connects, the main problem I encoutered was that my mobile (nokia n96) asks for the pin code when connecting to bt controller in windows. This bt controller doesn't, supposedly, need a pin code to accept connections.

So, I'm thinking some devices ask the pin code anyway. Is this right? No way to overcome it?

thanks,

ap

Re: do some mobile devices ask for passkey connecting to server with no pass required

thanks for the reply.

As far as I can see, that thread (and subsequent threads), refers to j2me clients being implemented on the mobile (They will probably be useful later on).
    My scenario is a mobile (with no instalation of any apps) initiating the process of pairing with the pc where the bt controller is (through bluesoleil, windows or linux controller, etc...) and, afterwards, a server sending a file. The server can check if a mobile is authenticated or something like that (I'll figure it out later).

At this moment, I can't even get a mobile pairing with windows without asking for a pin code.

thanks

I do not think this matters in your case, by the way, this thread is about PC to mobile.