Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

JAVA application signing

Hello guys I am new in java application uptill now i was only doing it on c++.
    Well my application which connects with the net but every time it connects it ask for permission to use resource.i havent signed it.
    so i want to sign it but i dont want to make it IMEI dependant,As i wish i can distribute freely & every one can use it by direct downloading.
    so what kind of signing i should go?n what is its procedure in java?

Re: JAVA application signing

Hi kapnkore,

Well my application which connects with the net but every time it connects it ask for permission to use resource.i havent signed it.
    This each and every time asking for user permitions for connecting to http can be avoided By changing the settings in the application manager.Depending on the device, you might be able to change this, so that the message only appears the first time the application tries to connect to the httpconnection. This is configuration can be changed in the settings for that application in the device's application manager. Some security options can be changed from "always ask" to "ask once". This is with out doing any signing.

I dont want to make it IMEI dependant
    In J2ME signing as I know there is no dependency of IMEI dependent signing. You need to buy the certificate from the certificate providers and follow the signing process.

What is the signing procedure in java?
    please go through the below links for more details in signing

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by bhanuchandar.k View Post
    Hi kapnkore,

This each and every time asking for user permitions for connecting to http can be avoided By changing the settings in the application manager.Depending on the device, you might be able to change this, so that the message only appears the first time the application tries to connect to the httpconnection. This is configuration can be changed in the settings for that application in the device's application manager. Some security options can be changed from "always ask" to "ask once". This is with out doing any signing.

Ya there is always ask n ask once,but i am not able to select ask once option as it is not active,the only i can select is always ask how to change it?

Hi kapnkore,
    For some capabilities this might be enable, For that to enable you need to sign your application, then that options will be enabled.

Super Contributor

To add to that: what options get enabled depends on the device.

There is a useful introduction to Java signing in the forum wiki, along with many other articles on this subject.

Graham.