Discussion Board

3650 - Text/Number Problem

Hi all, i've had a problem with my 3650 for the last week or so now. It's happened twice now - let me explain.

At random times, my phone goes nuts. When i try to type a text message, when i type letters, they don't appear but the numbers do, and no matter how many times i press each letter, only numbers are displayed. The same applies to when i try browse my contact list - i.e. if you press B it displays all contacts who's name start with B, but when i do this, it always just puts a 2 instead. It's really weird.. It did this last week, so i did a factory restore but the thing is i lost all my contacts, but fixed the problem.

However it's just started doing it again. I've turned the phone on and off but it doesn't make any difference. This is about the 3rd 4th times it's happened. Sometimes it seems to fix itself, the other time i had to do a restore. It's really odd.

And yes i'm aware that when texting you can press the # key to select between numbers or letters, and no that's not the problem as that option doesn't even work or appear when this happens.. it's really really odd and annoying me now.

Anyone got any ideas or had the same problem?

Oh and my firmware is 2.50 before you all say i've an old dud phone

Hi!
    You may have install the Wildskinz Software for Nokia 7650 on your 3650 device...If it's the case, here is the problem. This soft gave me the same troubles on mys 3650 and if I have got good memory, you shall uninstall Wildskinz and then delete the c:\system.ini file using a special software like file explorer...just restart your phone and everything should be okay.

@+