Discussion Board

Unhappy Phone windows keeps going blank... can't use on automated systems?

How can you stop the N900 do weird things when using the phone? It turns black, it goes through a 'double-flip' animation when it shouldn't, and it locks during a phone call....

First problem i had, leaving a voicemail message to someone, when I pulled the phone away from my head to hang up, the device had locked itself, so i had to enter the password to unlock my device, bring the phone back up, and by that time an automated voice message asked "are you still there?"... and I finally got around to hitting the end button. Problem was, after leaving that much time without saying anything, the automated system was going to give me the option "hit 2 to send, hit 3 to re-record", etc... so my ending the phone call, the message was never sent.

Next problem I had today with the N900 as a touch-tone phone, I couldn't use it with my bank's automated system (I tried three times before giving up and using my friend's phone). When I hear the options, like "press 5 to continue, or stay on the line", I pull the phone away from my head. For some reason, the screen has turned off, so I wait for it to turn back on, then for some reason the phone though I was in landscape mode (which I never was), so I have to wait for it to go through the really annoying double-flip animation from landscape to portrait. By that time, the voice starts talking again with the next set of instructions. It seems to turn black only when I press it against my ear (so probably using speaker phone would work, but this is a banking site and i prefer not to use speaker phone at the location i was at).

Maybe I set some of the settings wrong? The device is set to lock after 30 minutes. I can't find any settings to fix these problems i mention.
    Last edited by revamped; 2009-11-15 at 00:42.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Phone windows keeps going blank... can't use on automated systems?

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/