Discussion Board

Developing themes for Nokia 5800 Xpress Music

Hi!

I have recently bought a nokia 5800 XM and I want to develop a new theme for it since the default one isn't actually that good. I have downloaded and installed both Carbide ui 3.4 and S60 5th edition compilers. The standard 360 * 640 template is not for touch enabled phones. How do I choose the Nokia 5800 XM template? Is there a plug-in like for the N97?

P.S. I know that this topic has been discussed on nokia forums but I haven't found any useful answers.

Re: Developing themes for Nokia 5800 Xpress Music

yes, there is special plugin for S60v5 i.e. 5800xm
    see plugin page, select S60v5 plugin & install the download plugin to carbide.ui theme edition 3.4

edit theme as per your requirement & transfer it to phone.
    --------------
    search for "dhanusaud" at nokia store ;)

I have done that but how do I choose the 5800 template? When I create a new s60 5th theme it just creates a theme for phones WITHOUT touch.
    Last edited by agathor; 2009-11-17 at 15:38. Reason: minor errors

hi all,
    just got 58xm few days ago, and for the first time since old se uiq phones i have time and stimulation to make a theme

but, even with the plugin for s60 5th ed. and the template selected and the sample theme loaded, many parts of the ui in the preview stay the same as they are on non-touch phones. Music player, and volume rocker are some i noticed to stand out, home screen too...

is there a simple way around this or do we trial and error? )

cheers

hi all
    i am having a lot of the same problems have created themes for 5800 xm on carbide 3.4 which can take days i have found it dosent matter what plugins u got none of them match the ui for the 5800 so u will always end up with parts u cant change and unless u do a really basic theme it always looks half finished i have been on loads of blogs and no one seems to have the answer so if theres someone out there that can help as i really want to make a s**t hot theme for the 5800 can u email me please on synergydarko@aol.com many thanks guys

Hi folks,
    for a 5800 XM, i believe that the base s60 5th template is pretty enough for it, for AFAIK there is no such 5800 specific template existed.
    what do you mean exactly with "half finished"? if you mean some icons don't get customized, then you may add it manually using Third Party Icons tool in Carbide.UI.
    Note that you must have the information regarding UIDs for those naughty icons. Y-Task is a good app to get the apps UID.
    The bad news, some specific system folders also a member in those naughty icons, which Y-Task can't retrieved its UID..

Yes, for some points, not all things get skinned, although you've skinned every single components defined in Carbide.UI.
    I think its not a big problems though, since the base template plugin covered most of the major elements.

Maybe, personalization in every single components for the wide nokia devices is a hard job for the nokia guys, just like the localization,
    and apparently they've just come with the solution and making the Third Party Icons tool for the themers to manually add the missing components that they probably missed during plugins making (who knows ).

regards,
    AdhiK
    Last edited by adhik; 2011-07-17 at 01:15.