×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    99

    SetCharacterSetL has no effect

    I'm sending sms using SendAs api.

    Code:
    #include <charconv.h> // for KCharacterSetIdentifierUcs2
    
    RSendAsMessage 		m_sendAsMessageServer;
    ...
    m_sendAsMessageServer.SetBodyTextL(*ptrMessage);
    m_sendAsMessageServer.SetCharacterSetL(KCharacterSetIdentifierUcs2);
    Message is unicode string (factually it is mix of russian and english).
    Message is send well and i have descent message in "send" folder of my phone. But send message comes damaged, like:
    "??????? some thing on english".
    Why does KCharacterSetIdentifierUcs2 has no effect on my message?

  2. #2
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bhubaneswar, India
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: SetCharacterSetL has no effect

    -------------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Ram
    Symbian OS 9.2/9.3,S60 3rd FP1/FP2,Carbide.c++v2.0

  3. #3
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,167

    Re: SetCharacterSetL has no effect

    Yep, I actually didn't even know that RSendAsMessage has SetCharacterSetL function, at least it did not have that with 9.1 OS, anyway, the MTM would be more flexible way on doing it anyway.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    50

    Re: SetCharacterSetL has no effect

    Hi guys,

    I wonder there's no example of sending email which is really working.
    SDK and Wiki examples use RSendAs which works wrong with Unicode messages.
    Could you guys post something for sending emails exactly?

    BTW, SetCharacterSetL leaves on S60v5 with -47 code - function not supported.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    50

    Re: SetCharacterSetL has no effect

    Hi folks,

    I see the thread was died.
    It's a very pity.

    I took a little investigation into source codes of Symbian.

    It looks like RSendAsMessage::SetCharacterSetL invokes (through a number of calls) CBaseMtm::Extension_ method. At the base class it looks like
    Code:
      ...
      case KUIDCharacterSet: // <---------- here is the case 
        {
          ret = KErrExtensionNotSupported;
        }
        break;
      ...
    Found only one overridden version in CSmsClientMtm class.
    I guess it works for SMS.
    But not for emails.


    Yucca,
    Does it mean sending emails through MTM will have the same bug with setting character set?
    What do you think?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1

    Re: SetCharacterSetL has no effect

    I have the same issue that Chinese script cannot be shown correctly in sending sms even after SetCharacterSetL is called on S60 5th


    Is there any update for the issue?

    If it's a defect of RSendAs API, where can we raise a defect?

Similar Threads

  1. Swirl and punch effect for image, Gif animation
    By syedafser1 in forum Symbian Media (Closed)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2009-01-12, 07:48
  2. Doppler Effect
    By TomConsole in forum Symbian Media (Closed)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2008-04-30, 13:16
  3. Problem with fading Image effect
    By kamalakshan in forum Symbian Media (Closed)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2007-06-23, 09:02
  4. Fadig effect
    By dpoldo in forum Mobile Java Media (Graphics & Sounds)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2003-10-04, 14:36
  5. Help needed for sound effect in samsung c100 (Sorry , i got nowhere to post my qsn)
    By chinali66 in forum Mobile Java Media (Graphics & Sounds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2003-08-28, 09:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×