×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: parsing xml..

  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    155

    parsing xml..

    hello..

    i have developed one project relating to client server approach..
    now ineed to parse xml files..
    i have dont till now my project in symbian s 60 3rd version with ui designer..
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...wnload_example

    but still i was getting lot of trouble with it..
    is there any syntax differences there in that handler class to ui designer classes.. can anybody please help me
    -Bharathi

  2. #2
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    155

    Re: parsing xml..

    Quote Originally Posted by bharathibodepudi View Post
    hello..

    i have developed one project relating to client server approach..
    now ineed to parse xml files..
    i have dont till now my project in symbian s 60 3rd version with ui designer..
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...wnload_example

    but still i was getting lot of trouble with it..
    is there any syntax differences there in that handler class to ui designer classes.. can anybody please help me
    sorry all i found my mistake.. now i got some idea....
    -Bharathi

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    155

    Re: parsing xml..

    [i have parsed one file... but it is showing an error on the screen like

    system error(-12)


    i was not getting whats wrong can ant bode tell me.. please
    -Bharathi

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,533

    Re: parsing xml..

    Quote Originally Posted by bharathibodepudi View Post
    [i have parsed one file... but it is showing an error on the screen like

    system error(-12)


    i was not getting whats wrong can ant bode tell me.. please
    System error -12 is KErrPathNotFound. So check if the path to your file is correct.

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    155

    Re: parsing xml..

    Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    System error -12 is KErrPathNotFound. So check if the path to your file is correct.
    _LIT(KfileName,"c:\check\billData.xml");
    iXmlHandler->StartParsingWithAoL(KfileName);

    i have given like this...

    i have tried many ways by locating xml file in different places.. but it still getting system error -12
    if i give like this
    _LIT(KfileName,"c:\\check\billData.xml");
    iXmlHandler->StartParsingWithAoL(KfileName);

    it was showing error -28
    -Bharathi

  6. #6
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    155

    Angry Re: parsing xml..

    please anybody help me.. i gave path correctly.. still it was showing error -12.. i am unable to understand it.. please help me..
    -Bharathi

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,533

    Re: parsing xml..

    Quote Originally Posted by bharathibodepudi View Post
    _LIT(KfileName,"c:\check\billData.xml");
    iXmlHandler->StartParsingWithAoL(KfileName);

    i have given like this...

    i have tried many ways by locating xml file in different places.. but it still getting system error -12
    if i give like this
    _LIT(KfileName,"c:\\check\billData.xml");
    iXmlHandler->StartParsingWithAoL(KfileName);

    it was showing error -28
    Try something like:
    HTML Code:
    _LIT(KXmlFile,"c:\\system\\data\\billData.xml");
    and make sure you have your file billData.xml in C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\winscw\c\system\data folder or something similar in your environment. It should work.

  8. #8
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,533

    Re: parsing xml..

    Quote Originally Posted by bharathibodepudi View Post
    _LIT(KfileName,"c:\check\billData.xml");
    iXmlHandler->StartParsingWithAoL(KfileName);

    i have given like this...

    i have tried many ways by locating xml file in different places.. but it still getting system error -12
    if i give like this
    _LIT(KfileName,"c:\\check\billData.xml");
    iXmlHandler->StartParsingWithAoL(KfileName);

    it was showing error -28
    You have errors there in the path too that I have marked. Try something that I have indicated in my previous post.

  9. #9
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    155

    Re: parsing xml..

    thanku very much its working..
    Last edited by bharathibodepudi; 2009-11-17 at 12:30.
    -Bharathi

  10. #10
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    155

    Re: parsing xml..

    hey all ,

    i am farsing one xml file..

    OnContentL( const TDesC8 &aBytes, TInt aErrorCode )

    this method containing the node values..
    in startparsingL method the above function is called repeatedly for all the nodes in xml file..
    what my doubt is i need to store each node value and i need to print them in structure like form..

    the same variable aBytes holding node values repeatedly..

    can any body help me.. i need to store all the node values and want print at a time in one form.. can you provide any sample code for that..
    even that will be very helpful for me..
    -Bharathi

  11. #11
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    28,672

    Re: parsing xml..

    You may want to collect the data into a CBufFlat for example. Especially since decoded entities come in a separate OnContentL call (e.g. asdf&lt;asdf will result in 3 consecutive calls: "asdf", "<", "asdf").

  12. #12
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    155

    Re: parsing xml..

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    You may want to collect the data into a CBufFlat for example. Especially since decoded entities come in a separate OnContentL call (e.g. asdf&lt;asdf will result in 3 consecutive calls: "asdf", "<", "asdf").
    thanks for ur reply but couldn't understand wat ur saying..
    can you explain littile bit clearer please
    -Bharathi

Similar Threads

  1. Parsing wbxml file to xml file using kxml parser
    By ramyashashe in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2010-05-17, 15:56
  2. Parsing xml data from the server using kxml2 in J2ME
    By dninsiima in forum Mobile Java Networking & Messaging & Security
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2010-03-26, 08:08
  3. Some problems related to xml parsing
    By anup007star in forum Symbian
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2009-07-20, 05:37
  4. XML Parsing using HTTP request.
    By somnathbanik in forum Symbian
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 2009-06-27, 07:24
  5. Need knowledge about XML and XML Parsing
    By 02060515 in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2008-07-07, 08:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×