Discussion Board

conversion of 3gp to mpeg format

Today, I installed video recording software on my Nokia 7650 cellphone, and it's now able to record nearly 15 seconds-long video clips! Sure, the clips are stamp-sized, the picture is grainy and the sound isn't the best I've heard, but I'm recording video with my cell phone! That's cool enough in itself. Now I just need to figure out how to convert .3gp-files into .mpg. Any ideas?

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hello!

You should be able to play 3gp files with our Multimedia Converter. You can't convert the 3gp to MPG but you are able to convert MPG to 3gp using this tool.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

So there isn't any converters yet which convert the 3gp files to another (mpeg etc.) formats? Practically there is no use for those 3gp files in desktop computers if it's not possible to convert and/or edit those files for web use...

Is there any plans for that kind of converter in the future?

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

There is only viewers available at this point (Like the Nokia Multimedia Converter)

Teemu / Forum Nokia

I have the same problem.

Isn't this recorder software made by Hantro. So videos recorded with it should be in H263 format. I have tried to install H263 codec to my computer, but no success, Could it be that 3gp files have some kind of nonstandard header format?

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hello!

3GPP has specified the 3GP FILE format, the file may contain the AMR coded audio as well. H.263 is just a codec for video.

Teemu / Forum Nokia