Discussion Board

Error -34 on real device..application works fine on emulator

Hello All,

I am developing an application that uses RTP to send data to a server. When I run the application on the emulator, connection establishment is successful and transmission takes place. However, when I run the same application on the real device, connection establishment and I get an error -34. I have disabled the firewall on the system that has the server running. Even then connection establishment fails.

Could anyone help me resolve this issue?

Thanks,
    zlixa

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Error -34 on real device..application works fine on emulator

Assuming that you are talking about a scenario where the emulator and the server runs on the same PC, it still seems to be a configuration error in your local network. Check once more if your firewall is disabled. You could try accessing other services (if you happen to have a web server on your PC, even a simple one like http://www.java2s.com/Code/Java/Tiny...HttpServer.htm ). If you have an other PC, you could try distributing the emulator+server environment as well - if that does not work, it strengthens the config-error theory.
    And a banal thing: if the emulator and the server runs on the same PC, 127.0.0.1 could be used for connecting - which will definitely not work with the real device.