Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Unhappy Mobility Extention Camera Example does not work

Dear all,

I have installed the Qt beta and Mobility extention to the mobile device. However, after installing the sis "CameraEx_armv5_urel.sis" into the phone,(which is offered in the mobility extention package)
    it will generate"Feature not supported" on N95 while the application cannot open on N78.

Does anyone tried that application?

By the way, by reading through the Camera API of mobility extention, I do not see the option to switch the mode of the cam, I want it to work in the video record mode. Is it possible??

Regards,
    Zhengtao

Regular Contributor

Re: Mobility Extention Camera Example does not work

Hi,

As you may know, Qt Mobile Extensions were built using tower release and it's no longer maintained. You'd be better off waiting for a release from Qt Mobility project.

But if you want, you can try using Mobile Extensions with Qt for Symbian 4.6, but you'll have to recompile both the examples and extensions dll against the current Qt release. For the camera example, this would mean compiling xqcamera and xqutils libraries (as the example depends on it). Note that those dlls are using ALL -TCB -DRM capabilities, so deploying them to device is problematic because of signing requirements - you could change their capabilities as well, of course.

Alternatively, you could compile the XQCamera functionality directly into your application by including the xqcamera* header and source files in the .pro file. This would avoid the signing problems, you'd only need to install the camera wrapper sis package with your app.

Regular Contributor

Re: Mobility Extention Camera Example does not work

Hi treinio,

Thanks for the reply. I will try including files into my project and test it.

By the way, do you know how to switch the mode of the camera (from photo camera to video record)

Regards,
    Zhengtao