×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5

    Problem Displaying Xhtml Mp Page With Greek Encoding

    HI,

    i have a problem when i try to display a xhtml page that has greek inside.
    even though i declare the encoding for greek iso-8859-7 at the xml tag in the beginning and the meta tag with the charset i see weird characters instead of my greek words.
    i test my pages with nokia mobile internet toolkit 3.01, i tested it also with the p800 emulator from sony ericsson but i still does not work
    here is the code i am using:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-7"?>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN"

    "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd" >
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="gr" lang="gr">
    <head>
    <title>Telestet Video News</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="application/xhtml+xml;charset=iso-8859-7"/>
    </head>
    <body>
    <div>
    HERE IS THE GREEK: Καλημέρα τι κάνεις
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>


    YOUR HELP WOULD BE GRATEFUL!!!

    Manolis

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4
    You might have to check the http-transfer encoding setting. The standard is ISO-8859-1. I think it can be set in the .htaccess file or in a php-header for example.

    You could try also capital letters for "iso" -> "ISO". I don't know why, but once it helped for me!

    You should also be sure that you save your files with the same character set as defined in the header. UTF-8 has worked best for me with problematic scandinavian characters, but then the http-transfer encoding setting should be changed to UTF-8 as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×