Discussion Board

QA failed & symbian signed

Hi all,

My app was a express signed application, but it was failed in OVI QA for a fews times. Each time re-submitted the application, I need to sign my application through symbiansigned.com. It totally produces a lot of expenses. Do you have any sugguestion that enable me can test in OVI store but no need to sign the application repeatedly? thank you!

Kit

Re: QA failed & symbian signed

Quote Originally Posted by kit.ng View Post
    Hi all,

My app was a express signed application, but it was failed in OVI QA for a fews times. Each time re-submitted the application, I need to sign my application through symbiansigned.com. It totally produces a lot of expenses. Do you have any sugguestion that enable me can test in OVI store but no need to sign the application repeatedly? thank you!

Kit
    My advice would be to submit the app as series 40 first which doesn't require signing.

Once this version is accepted - at no expence - package and submit the S60 version.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by wuzimu View Post
    My advice would be to submit the app as series 40 first which doesn't require signing.

Once this version is accepted - at no expence - package and submit the S60 version.

Simon
    Hi Simon, Thank you for your advise. did you mean I should submit the app as S40 in OVI store? Thanks!

Kit

Super Contributor

You can't submit a native Symbian/S60 app as an S40 app.

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    You can't submit a native Symbian/S60 app as an S40 app.
    petrib,

do u have any suggestion? thanks!

Super Contributor

Nope. For a Symbian/S60 app, it needs to be signed through Symbian Signed. If your app needs to be repeatedly signed, then all I can suggest is that you study the Ovi Store app criteria more carefully, and also test your application more thoroughly (and fix the issues you discover), before you submit it.

Otherwise, when it is bounced, you just need to fix the issues one by one, and then resign and resubmit until it satisfies the criteria.