Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Problem: Audio Proxy Server used by more than two processes at the same time?

Hello,

I have now one question:

Does Audio Proxy Server support multi-access (recording and also playing) by more than one application at the same time?

I have tried today, the second application gets error -11 by initialization of input device.

regards,

Pai
    Symbian && Android && iPhoneOS

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Problem: Audio Proxy Server used by more than two processes at the same time?

No it does not support multi-initialization of player or recorder which i suppose you are trying to do. -11 error comes when your try to reinitialize the APS player/recorder when it is already initialized.

But you can initialize another APS in another thread.

Super Contributor

Re: Problem: Audio Proxy Server used by more than two processes at the same time?

hi vineet.jain,

yes, sounds likee you are right.

But by initialization of output device, i don't get error (with return value 0).

Is that meaning, that it is possible APS working by multiply outputs (playing)?

regards,

Pai

Nokia Developer Champion

have you taken two APS or you are able to initialize the player for same APS again?.As if you look into the APS example, it prompts that player is already initialized if you try to initialize again.or it panics -11 sometimes

Super Contributor

hi vineet.jain,

do you know, if VAS and APS do work at the same time?

regards,

Pai

Nokia Developer Champion

well i haven't used VAS but its totally different from APS as it uses VoIp and all that so you can give a try using them at same time, i hope it won't conflict

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by vineet.jain View Post
    it prompts that player is already initialized
    It displays only in the same application.

I have now two different applications, both of them now are using APS for recording and playing audios.

Each of both can run fine with APS, but only when the second is trying to start using APS, I get problem with input device in used. So the second started application can't run any more, although it doesn't get error by init output device.

regards,

Pai

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by paipeng View Post
    It displays only in the same application.

I have now two different applications, both of them now are using APS for recording and playing audios.

Each of both can run fine with APS, but only when the second is trying to start using APS, I get problem with input device in used. So the second started application can't run any more, although it doesn't get error by init output device.

regards,

Pai
    ofcourse it won't be problem if you are using APS in two different applications or else.Also try to initialize player first in both APS's and then recorder.Do not initialize recorder first in any of them

Super Contributor

Hi vineet,

thanks for your answer.

based on your last sentence, it looks like that APS do support multi application usage at the same time.

I will try testing to find out how to make it work.

thanks

Pai

Nokia Developer Champion

take two processes, initialze separate APS objects in each of them & use them parallely, it will work very fine.

Super Contributor

take two processes, initialze separate APS objects in each of them & use them parallely, it will work very fine.
    great! thank you for the comfirm!!

the codec, routing-control, samplerate, volume etc can be different between these two processes by parallely using APS?

because I am still geting error -11 by calling

Code:
    TInt err = iSession.InitializeRecorder(iRSettings);
    in the second started application.

regards,

Pai

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by paipeng View Post
    great! thank you for the comfirm!!

the codec, routing-control, samplerate, volume etc can be different between these two processes by parallely using APS?

because I am still geting error -11 by calling

Code:
    TInt err = iSession.InitializeRecorder(iRSettings);
    in the second started application.

regards,

Pai
    yes all the parameters can be different in two separate APS's.

So are you trying initializing the same APS recorder r you are using a separate one?

Super Contributor

hello,

i am using the AudioProxyServer's example as the first application,

and I have written my own application based on this example.

by Setting, I am using two different UIDs for the setting of player and record.

Code:
    // e.g. my first app is using the following code
        iRSettings.iGlobal = _L("200275CD"); // use your app UID
        iPSettings.iGlobal = _L("200275CD"); // use your app UID
    Both of them are using input device and output device from APS.

Do you have any idea?

thanks for helping me.

ps: log of the second started app
    Output Stream Initialized ->0

Input device initialization error -> -11

regards,

Pai

Nokia Developer Champion

hi, try to launch only your 2nd application & see if the problem of recorder initializaton still persists.

Super Contributor

hi, try to launch only your 2nd application & see if the problem of recorder initializaton still persists.
    hi vineet.jain,

no, the 2nd application doesn't have problem with recorder initialization, when it is launched only.

the 1st and 2nd applications with APS can all work successfully seperate. The problem only exists when both of them are started and the 2nd started application gets the "error -11 (already exists)" by recording initialization. (whatever which of my applications starts at the first, the second always gets this error)

So vineet.jain, have you tried with two applications, which both initialize the reocord setting of APS for usage? Or they are only used for playing audio?

Because my 2nd started applications doesn't have problem with APS's player initialization, so I think it is possible to use APS in different applcations simultaneously, but only for playing audio.

Regards,

Pai