Discussion Board

Exclamation Some basic questions for QT with Maemo

Hello Friends, I am very new to QT with Maemo. I need to develop programs for Meamo Diablo sensors like camera, bluetooth etc. For that, can I use QT for Embedded Linux edition for development? If yes, How can I install packeges of QT for Embedded Linux for Maemo Diablo Scratchbox. If no, then how can I program those sensors with Maemo Diablo.

Thanks.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Some basic questions for QT with Maemo

Quote Originally Posted by smehta_ce View Post
    Hello Friends, I am very new to QT with Maemo. I need to develop programs for Meamo Diablo sensors like camera, bluetooth etc. For that, can I use QT for Embedded Linux edition for development? If yes, How can I install packeges of QT for Embedded Linux for Maemo Diablo Scratchbox. If no, then how can I program those sensors with Maemo Diablo.

Thanks.
    Yes, you can use Qt for those purposes also.

Execute in scratchbox
    Code:
    apt-get update
    apt-cache search qt
    this will give you list of the packages related to Qt. You need to install libqt4-gui at least, but maybe some extra packages also like network, sql, depending what you are going to do.

Unhappy Re: Some basic questions for QT with Maemo

When I have installed QT for Embedded Linux on my linux platform, I cannot see any header files for Bluetooth in include folder. It isn't integrate with QT Creator too. I have lots of confusion between QT extended and QT for Embedded Linux too. Is Qt Embedded Linux is upgraded version of QT Extended??

Thanks.

Qt 4.5.3 (not QT, that's Apple's QuickTime) has been ported to Maemo and Qt 4.6 is currently under work as well. Use the Maemo specific release and then you can hope of proper tools integration.

Here's a link to get you started: http://wiki.maemo.org/Qt4_Hildon

More info about diferent Qt releases and platfroms supported can be found at http://qt.nokia.com. For info about Qt on maemo see maemo.org
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by smehta_ce View Post
    When I have installed QT for Embedded Linux on my linux platform, I cannot see any header files for Bluetooth in include folder. It isn't integrate with QT Creator too. I have lots of confusion between QT extended and QT for Embedded Linux too. Is Qt Embedded Linux is upgraded version of QT Extended??

Thanks.
    There is no specific Qt for Embedded Linux as it's cross platform framework. But some of Qt Extended features will be integrated in Qt after Qt Extended discontinuation. There is also a fork of Qt Extended - Qt Extended Improved by Openmoko community.
    Their wiki page says you need to configure paths also
    http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Qt_Extended_Improved

Hi smehta_ce,
    Qt 4.6 doesn't contain any Bluetooth framework.
    Qt Extended 4.4 has a bluetooth lib that should work out of the box in Fremantle as well as in Diablo since both ones are linux systems.

Br,
    Antonio