Discussion Board

New devloper but can not register(for Nokia staf)

Dear all

I am plannig to sell some themes via ovi store and I have prepaired about 26 themes but I have a big defficulty when I have tried to register. I found that I have to have a company and VAT number. the problem that it is very deficult in my country to have a company and there is no VAT in my country and no taxs. So what to do?
    Why nokia does not just let indivduals and any person to publish on ovi store. Off course after checking the suitablity of the contents before publishing.
    Please, Nokia help me on that and help all the others how want to contribute in ovi store but has difficultys.

Best Regards
    m_graviton_d

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: New devloper but can not register(for Nokia staf)

Hi

VAT/Tax Id is on of the requirements for Publish to Ovi registration. This is to show that the one registering is an ongoing business concern. There are other ways to check this. If you have an email addresss that is the same as the domain of the website you indicated, then this would help in your registration. When you are missing most of the information (no VAT, email not equal to domain on website, website has no/little information), then it is highly unlikely that your registration will proceed.

For personalization content(themes, videos, wallpapers, audio) , this is only becomes available by submitting a form (and getting the subsequent approval) to indicate interest (after you have been approved for registration)

Thank you

Thank you for your answer.

I couldn't proceed with the regstration even when I register and provide all the requirements but without VAT/tax ID. It always ask me for the VAT number even I have provide a website and an email with the name of the website and the copmany.
    Thank you

I mean, after providing all the requirements, and press next in the registraion page, it said VAT can not be blank

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

Its possible that some countries do not have VAT. We suggest that you include a numeric number for this field. However, you would need to make sure that your other information is not only accurate, but shows that your company is an ongoing business concern. This means more than enough information on the website and that both the website and the email address have the same domain.

Thank you