Discussion Board

Errors occured when building raccoon on S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0

Hi, I'm in Beijing, sorry for not good english
    I can build raccoon on S60 3rd_FP1 SDK both by WINSCW and gcce compiler, but on S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0 I can only build for winscw, when for gcce I encounter these:

"\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\mws\phone\group\LIBHTTPD\GCCE\LIBHTTPD.GCCE" UREL
    1 file(s) copied.
    make[1]: *** [\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\release\gcce\urel\libhttpd22.dll] Error 1
    elf2e32 : Error: E1065: '\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\mws\phone\group\LIBHTTPD\GCCE\urel\libhttpd22.dll' : 'malloc' Import relocation does not refer to code segment.
    make: *** [TARGETLIBHTTPD] Error 2

I don't know how to solve it. I guess it's caused by PythonForS60_1_4_5_SDK, maybe it's too old to use in 5th SDK, but when I use Python_1.9.7_3rdFP2_SDK_with_OpenC to build raccoon, some header files can't be found, I compare Python 1.4.5 and 1.9.7, some header files are deprecated, but raccoon need them!

Could you help me where to download Python for S60 5.0 SDK, and whether raccoon can be built on S60 5.0 SDK for GCCE?

Thanks a lot.

Smile Re: Errors occured when building raccoon on S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0

I know it's caused by gcce complier not support dynamic modules well.

Nokia Developer Expert

Unhappy Re: Errors occured when building raccoon on S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0

Hi chenpeiwen,

Were you able to find the solution to this problem? I am having a similar error for post-linker:

elf2e32 : Error: E1065: '\EPOC32\BUILD\dev\sm\s60_client\trunk\build\SMSESSIONSERVER\ARMV5\udeb\smsessionserver.exe' : 'free' Import relocation does not refer to code segment.

I tried to enable dump for elf2e32, but that seems to be producing no good results. Documentation on elf2e32 does not cover this error. I am having this issue with ARMV5 debug compilation.

Thanks

Nokia Developer Expert

Smile Re: Errors occured when building raccoon on S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0

OK, was finally able to figure this out.

This is happening perhaps because there is some non-const pointer taking the address of 'free' outside of code (like, a global variable initialised to the address of 'free' outside any function). The E32 image allows you to have references to imported stuff from only within the code segment. There are a couple of ways to get around it:
    1) make the pointer constant (if it really is a const), so that it starts appearing in the code segment
    2) instead of initialising the pointer outside, do so within an init function which is guaranteed to be called earlier than the pointer is used

In order to find where is that happening in the code, you may refer the map file produced by the static linker. To see the WSD vars (they generally appear towards the end of the map file) and see which one of them takes the address of free (it also mentions the object file name so…).