Discussion Board

PC Sync and Outlook calendar sync problem

Calendar synchronization between Outlook 2002 and 6310/6310i with PC Sync (Suites 4.5a and 4.8) works otherwise fine, but the end times of the appointments are wrong. Events from Outlook to phone end up having start time also as the end time (every appointment is 0 minutes long). From phone to Outlook everything ends 30 minutes after the start time regardless of what I enter to the phone calendar. This makes the feature almost completely useless. Is there any way to fix the synchronization?

RE: PC Sync and Outlook calendar sync problem

Sorry cant help You but can You help me? At same enviroment (Outlook 2000 - 6310i) the log reports at every calender event (in Finnish) "Nokia-matkapuhelimessa tapahtui mrittelemtn virhe" = "At the Nokia mobilephone has been unspecified error". The tasks are updated ok. Olli

I have the exact same problem with Outlook 2002 and my 6510.. I have tried a number of things I thought would solve the issue, but have not yet came up with a solution. Does anyone know if the calendar-programs from Lotus has got the same problem, or just Outlook (and only version 2002)?

Hello, seems that we share the same problem.
    In addition, synch is very slow. Calendar synch takes approx. 20 minutes!
    Would appreciate very much to hear, whenever a solution is found. Hopefully before I get with off my 9210.
    I also wonder, wether there is a moderator from Nokia, that would concern about such matters.

Hi!
    I'm using Lotus Notes 5.0.6 and it has the same problem. Another irritating feature is that the password prompt window appears behind everything else. You won't notice it appearing and then You wait and wait and wait and nothing happens.

Thats right.
    I made also an observation to Nokia some mounth ago..... without success.
    Wake up dear Nokians, it's time to fix this bug!!!!