Discussion Board

How to update application's rsg file when a new resource file is added to the project

Hi,

I am trying to build a localized application and it works fine for Urdu. Now I want to test for Khmer as well. I have added two new files under the <Application>/data folder: a .loc file for Khmer localized strings and a .rss file. The problem is that my application's rsg file is not updated with new values for resource strings that are defined in KhmerStrings.rss, as a result of which I am unable to load appropriate strings (using StringLoader's LoadL function). How are .rsg files compiled whenever a new resource file is added to the project?

Thanks

Rabia

Re: How to update application's rsg file when a new resource file is added to the pro

Remove your old .rsg file and recompile your whole project again to get the new .rsg

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to update application's rsg file when a new resource file is added to the pro

also do remember to add the language numbers into the mmp file, so the system knows to build it with multiple languages.

Thanks for the help.

However, I am still facing the same problem. I delete the rsg file generated in %EPOCROOT%/epoc32/inlcude directory. When I build the project again, it gives me an error message "the .rsg file cannot be opened" where I have included it in the .cpp file. So I compile the applications resource file again (let say application.rss) to generate the application.rsg file. Upon opening this file I still cannot see the new resource identifiers for Khmer included.

Any further assistance will be highly appreciated.

Super Contributor

Hi,

Try to build it from command prompt.

Thanks,
    Eswar

Thanks everyone.

I was missing an include statement in one of the rss files. It works fine now.

Thanks again.

Super Contributor

May be your application.rss is not compiled successfully and so not generated .rsg file. check logs in console windows for error.