Discussion Board

Arrow Mifare Key A and B of tags delivered with 6212

Hi all,

along with my 6212 classic NFC there came three tags colored yellow, green and gray. Obviously. the are used in the built-in NFC demo and contain a wake time or a date for my personal calendar and alike.

In many ways, these tags behave like Mifare 1k tags. So, I take them for just that.

Now, I want to read (and possibly write) these tags with an external reader device. It tells me, that I'm not authorized to do so. From the Mifare doc I know, that I need key A or B (or both) to access secured areas of the tag memory.

As I can modify the content of these tags using the 6212 device, I guess at least the phone must know these keys. Possibly, they are hard-wired there. But possibly they are known to the public.

Does anybody of you know of these keys?

Re: Mifare Key A and B of tags delivered with 6212

Hi! Omaye~

Please check http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...131_NFC_-_FAQs

What are the keys used with the Mifare NDEFTagConnection?

There are essentially 2 keys used for reading NDEF tags:
    - keys used for the MAD area, which are: A0A1A2A3A4A5
    - keys used for the NDEF area, which are: D3F7D3F7D3F7

Lightbulb Re: Mifare Key A and B of tags delivered with 6212

Thanks microchi,

that works - at least partially. Currently I try to read those tags block/sector-wise. The given keys both work for sector 0 and the D3F7... key also works for key B of sector 1. So, still I'm missing the key A for sector 1 and both keys for all other sectors.
    I feel, that I've got to understand this NDEF stuff better. Maybe, there's the explanation for the missing keys.

Thanks, again!
    Oliver.

Hi Omaye,

I am trying to read/write Mifare tags on a Nokia 6212. I wonder what external device are you using to read/write in yours? I am using an Omnikey 5321 and a script, but I have had no sucess yet.

Could you give me more details on the process and tools you are following, it would help me a lot.

Thanks!

Daniel

Red face Re: Mifare Key A and B of tags delivered with 6212

Hi Daniel,

in fact, my question is not about the (logical) tags on the phone, but the three physical tags delivered along with the phone, instead.
    Anyway, I'm using an Arygon Desktop Reader device, which in turn has a microcontroller and a Philips PN531 inside. Programming can be done in a "high level" microcontroller language or a "low level" PN531 language (called "TAMA language"),which is passed through the microcontroller directly to the PN531. I'm not sure if that helps a lot...

As I said, originally it's about the keys for the three tags delivered with the 6212 phone. especially for sector 1 and above. Any experiences in the community here?

Best regards

Oliver.

Those three tags use the default NDEF keys I guess...

You can find them on internet.

If it doesn't work, you could consider use one of the recent and efficient attack tools to retrieve the keys from those mifare tags.