Discussion Board

Question Express Signing and the UID of .pyd files (Python for s60 v1.9.7)

Over on the Symbian Signed Support forum I've got a thread going about my woes trying to Express Sign a simple python application that uses the positioning API and sockets.

I'm using Python for s60 v1.9.7. I created a SIS file using ensymble, specified my UID (0x2002ba28), and PublisherID certificate/key as well as icon, title, capabilities etc. I can sign this sis file using Open Signed online or offline without problems, but every time I try to upload the zip file as stage 1 of the Express Signed process I get the following error message:

Unallocated UID/SID: 0. Check that all the UIDs used in your SIS (including the UID used in your .pkg) file correspond to those allocated to you by Symbian from www.symbiansigned.com.
    I've isolated the issue to two files that are included in the sis file as part of the ensymble build. These are af_locationacq.pyd and py_iad_client.dll, and when I examine these files I see that UID2, UID3 and SID is zero for them both:

Code:
    // extract files from SIS file using sysinfo.py

> ensymble infoe32 sisinfo_extracted\sys\bin\kf__locationacq_2002ba28.pyd
    mdsisinfo\sys\bin\kf__locationacq_2002ba28.pyd:
        UID1          0x10000079
        UID2          0x00000000
        UID3          0x00000000
        Secure ID     0x00000000
        Vendor ID     0x00000000
        Capabilities  0x22000 (NetworkServices+Location)
    This is triggering the error message from the Express Signed scanner as soon as I try to upload the zip file.

I haven't seen any mentions of any similar problem despite a great deal of searching on the web and forums. In fact, there seems to be nothing on the web at all about what py_iad_client.dll is or what it does. locationacq is obviously the positioning library.

Is it expected that the support files and libraries packaged by ensymble should have uids of zero? Do I need to do anything else before building a SIS file with ensymble to 'fix' the uids of libraries shipped as part of Python for s60?

Thanks,

Gavin

Re: Express Signing and the UID of .pyd files (Python for s60 v1.9.7)

Hi,
    ensymble.py ( I'm using the linux version: Ensymble v0.28 2009-01-30 ) didn't change the UID of dll ( or pyd ) files inside the sis, we use something like this:
    ensymble.py altere32 --uid=0xXXXXXXX --secureid=0xXXXXXXX --caps=${CAPS} xxx.pyd

and then build the sis file with a simplesys

Re: Express Signing and the UID of .pyd files (Python for s60 v1.9.7)

Quote Originally Posted by dfr View Post
    Hi,
    ensymble.py ( I'm using the linux version: Ensymble v0.28 2009-01-30 ) didn't change the UID of dll ( or pyd ) files inside the sis, we use something like this:
    ensymble.py altere32 --uid=0xXXXXXXX --secureid=0xXXXXXXX --caps=${CAPS} xxx.pyd

and then build the sis file with a simplesys
    Thanks for your help - after changing the UIDs of the relevant files to match my app before building the sis file I've managed to sign my app successfully.

Cheers,

Gavin