Discussion Board

nokia 3510i and FLIP_HORIZONTAL

hi, I've got the problem caused probably by image manipulation. I use FLIP_HORIZONTAL image manipulation and sometimes (with some PNG files) VM crashes with message "heap corrupted" and sometimes it turns off the phone. I'm sure the problem is image manipulation because when I remove it from source application works fine. I've got no idea what's goin' on. enyone have one?

Regular Contributor
    hi

ive got the same problem
    i found out that if you use DirectGraphics the images are not clipped >> setClip() . so when your sprites running out of your screen and/or offscreen buffer - images are drawn into bad memory blocks
    i believe thats the problem. than a bad heap pointer comes up!
    in my app my spritedrawroutine checks for invalid x and y positions and clip the sprites manualy

so have a try and let me know how it works

if anybody has another solution please let us know

regards
    andreas

one more bug

Moreover, there seems to be a problem with setClip() in 3510i - I read somewhere that sometimes the actual clip is +1, +1, so we had to limit the sprites accordingly.

One thing that worked for us was to increase the backbuffer size by 4 pixels. We never use this extra area and everything seems to be working fine.