Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Starting a phone session for the 2nd time on RDA

Hi,

For some reason my RDA session failed to start and now the web interface says that I have a reserved phone for 3.5 more hours but I can't start the session again because there is no start button there anymore. It just tells me (as if I was a total idiot) that "You have started a session already". But there isn't an RDA app running here for sure. So how do I start the session know? For that matter once it happened to me that the connection was lost to the RDA server and that was the same case - I had to reserve a new phone because I wasn't able to start the RDA app. Fiddling with the UI instead of doing the checks when needed is utterly lame... I hope it's not the case here and I'm just missing the 'start your reserved session' button. Any help?

Laszlo

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Starting a phone session for the 2nd time on RDA

I'm pretty sure this would have been solved by refreshing the Phones-view. (it does not always update in real time)

If you however come across this type of behaviour in larger scale, let me know and we'll investigate. Also it might be helpful to know what browser you were using.

Regular Contributor

Re: Starting a phone session for the 2nd time on RDA

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    I'm pretty sure this would have been solved by refreshing the Phones-view. (it does not always update in real time)

If you however come across this type of behaviour in larger scale, let me know and we'll investigate. Also it might be helpful to know what browser you were using.
    I did refresh it and all I could see was that I have already started the session, which was more or less true. I've just tried it by manually closing the client and now it seems to work fine (however in that case the client didn't shut down cleanly). I'm using Firefox 3.5.5