Discussion Board

Angry Development environment

Since Qt 4.6 is out and there are video tutorials for installing necessary things I did another try. I followed every step and removed previously installed versions.

After writing a test application I'm trying to compile but get the following output:

Code:
    make[2]: *** No rule to make target `\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0_4\epoc32\release\ARMV5\urel\qtmain.lib', needed by `\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0_4\epoc32\release\gcce\urel\testapp2.exe'. Stop.
    make[1]: *** [TARGETTESTAPP2_0XE4800095] Error 2
    So what does that mean?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Development environment

Did you solve this already?

Jack

nope, still not

Super Contributor

Might be that as you have installed multiple versions of S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0_x so Qt Setup might not be able to copy required files to required places . you might want to cleanup your Development machine or try copying qt files manually.

As you can see I reinstalled the whole system multiple times I also removed previously installed files each time. But somewhere the SDK seems to store links to the already removed SDK because the installer always wants to install to S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0_x+1. I even deleted the \Shared files\Nokia by hand because they were not de-installed. Maybe I should try next time to remove the _x from the installation part of the SDK. ...hope dies last.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    As you can see I reinstalled the whole system multiple times I also removed previously installed files each time. But somewhere the SDK seems to store links to the already removed SDK because the installer always wants to install to S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0_x+1. I even deleted the \Shared files\Nokia by hand because they were not de-installed. Maybe I should try next time to remove the _x from the installation part of the SDK. ...hope dies last.
    it also has been discussed more then once in Symbian.C++ section just for your referance http://skumarmobiledev.blogspot.com/...ions-foot.html

Thank you skumar_rao, I tried so many times to get a running development environment and now it works. I removed that curious registry key which is mentioned in your linked page, that really solved the problem!