Discussion Board

using Media Player skin for Nokia 6500s (s40)

Hi,
    newbie here (not so newbie in terms of mobile technology)! i m using Nokia 6500s for over 19 months now (and very happy)... just wanted to change my music player theme/skin... and followed instructions mentioned here... .nfl file won't work... hence i pasted .swgf version of one the files mentioned on this thread in the hiddenfolder using Oxycube... and used the same skin... the skin was corrupt... and now i cannot choose any other skin... coz everytime i try to, music player says 'file corrupted' (and hence no option to open Settings and choose a skin... any kind soul wanna help???

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: using Media Player skin for Nokia 6500s (s40)

From development point of view , what i know is that one cannot make his own nfl themes for media player (etc) for S40 because these nfl files have a special signature which is not available to other developers .I cannot find any sort of official documentation to theme a media player for s40 either. I see that some of the end-users are using Nokia Default Media Player Themes of one S40 phone on another S40 phone which may work in some cases but put u in trouble in most cases. However, your question seems to be asked on an end-user forum or on the same forum where u read the information of this hack . For better answers of ur query, login to end-user discussion board :
    discussions.europe.nokia.com/

BTW, it is always good to ask author(s) of the post who wrote instructions to do this kind of hack because they have a good experience in this field .

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Re: using Media Player skin for Nokia 6500s (s40)

um.. actually i dont know whether this is the right place but... i'm a real newbie.. and am creating a theme.. so can you please tell me where can i find some good s40 media player skin for my theme.. actually i'm using a nokia 6303 classic...

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: using Media Player skin for Nokia 6500s (s40)

This board concentrates on Software Development Related issues . For end-user discussion, please login to :
    http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Re: using Media Player skin for Nokia 6500s (s40)

Quote Originally Posted by samystic View Post
    Hi,
    newbie here (not so newbie in terms of mobile technology)! i m using Nokia 6500s for over 19 months now (and very happy)... just wanted to change my music player theme/skin... and followed instructions mentioned here... .nfl file won't work... hence i pasted .swgf version of one the files mentioned on this thread in the hiddenfolder using Oxycube... and used the same skin... the skin was corrupt... and now i cannot choose any other skin... coz everytime i try to, music player says 'file corrupted' (and hence no option to open Settings and choose a skin... any kind soul wanna help???
    all i can help you that through phone memory using oxycube and then rename original skin into skin's name which you lay on.
    Ex: your phone use the skin with names skin_original.nfl and you added a new skin with names skin_new.nfl. Now everytime you open music player it say error because it always get skin_new.nfl name. So you must delete it and rename skin_original.nfl to skin_new.nfl. But remember you must rename on copy one. When music player can active, let go to setting and choice the original name.