Discussion Board

Thread: bluetooth audio

bluetooth audio

hi!
    i'm thinking about buying a bluetooth headset for my 3650, opening it taking out the single headphone and connecting the bluetooth headset to my headphones. that way i could have wireless headphones, much better headphones than nokias dual headset provides and way better looking headphones.
    the only problem i was worrying about was if a bluetooth headset could receive stereo audio or if the bluetooth audio (or hands free or headset) profile was only made for mono audio.
    has anyone got an idea?
    thanks

PS wouldn't bluetooth headphones be a greeeaat idea? something someone could produce? or are there already? i only heard about some bluetooth-headphone-mp3player mix.
    Last edited by hanes.billabong; 2003-04-07 at 23:40.

With 3650 you can only use monophonic Nokia bluetooth headset HDW-2... But whe you connect this headset the phone don't ring... baaaad, very baaaad...

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) is being specified in the Bluetooth SIG. It provides mono/stereo audio content delivery on ACL channels (Bluetooth audio profiles, such as Headset and Handsfree Profiles, use narrow-band SCO links).

Seppo
    Forum Nokia

SEPPOOOO!!

i read about A2DP in the profiles specifications at bluetooth.org, but are there any products on the market that use A2DP already? does the nokia 3650 support it? where could i get a bluetooth A2DP receiving unit from?
    please seppo answer!!
    thanks

Stereo Audio over Bluetooth

There are several headsets available that will decode an A2DP signal. It is transitted from a 'source' unit (That could be a PC or other device with the AV profiles enabled in the Bluetooth Stack )to a 'sync' unit (usually a headset )that can decode the A2DP stream. The stream is encoded/decoded using a SBC or (Sub Band Codec) and can Tx CD quality Stereo Audio between devices in real time.

For more information try www.bluesharksystems.com

more about bluetooth audio

I use my bluetooth on PC to discover what services are available on 6230. There is 'Audio Gateway' service found. I did the same thing with N-Gage, but there's no 'Audio Gateway' found.
    Does it mean that N-Gage audio protocol is not implemented in N-Gage? Is it able to install 'Audio Gateway' on N-Gage? Does this 'Audio Gateway' same with audio protocol, the one that use baseband directly (as described in paper from Forum Nokia: 'Bluetooth Technology Overview', page 15)?
    OOT: is there any chatroom for bluetooh discussion?