Discussion Board

Hybrid View

OVI Store worster than Iphone's app store...

Dear Audience,

i have submitted an application and this application was tested and QA and preinstalled into another manufactors phone and also Symbian Signed (not express signed but symbian signed) then I submitted to OVI Store and was accepted without any problem they tested it they checked and all goes fine.
    Now latelly I have added new devices to the current content and the result that the SIS file should be tested again (Why ? if i didn't touch it) and this is worster than App store because at least they allow you to edit data without resubmit the binary.
    In any case application was checked and failed because the tester didn't test the application well , I have sent many E-mail to explain issue and also to describe the wrong checking they made and also why they accept it (because they tested well) the first time and the 2nd time they reject it for an unknow errors ?
    I have sent several E-mail to OVI store and i still have no answer for over a week , if nobody cotact me i will start to write to many magazines to describe the process of OVI store so people can start also to understand how difficult is become a developer and how is not easy to submit to Nokia because instead to make the process easier they complicated after softwaremarket ... i hope somebody of OVI will check the forum sporadically and contact me sooner

Thanks for listening

Arrow Re: OVI Store worster than Iphone's app store...

Hey,

Well first of all, welcome to the nokia forums.
    Ovi is still under massive development, Ovi is just about half a year old and they are trying to catch up as fast as possible. Everyone at nokia understands your concern and im sure somebody from forum nokia should get in touch with you shortly. Please be patient and go through your binary once again to ensure complete compatibility.
    Nokia is here to help you, they have invested heavily in Ovi Store and are flooded with loads of issues while still trying to improve the user experience, give them a little time and im sure you will be given technical assistance.

Cheers!

Re: OVI Store worster than Iphone's app store...

Ciao Shankar,

thanks for the welcome and yes sure i will give more time to OVI people but 1 week already goes and i hope they at least send me a message that they got the problem , also because now the application is failed.
    Please don't tell me that OVI store is new and bla bla bla because I'm in Symbian since 2002 and Softwaremarket is selling applications since 2005 (If I well remember) so they have experience with customers, they have contact with operators (more than Apple) and they have customers and much more than Apple, they have devices so for me hat is really really bad from Nokia is that they don't have learned nothing from the previous experience and they throwed away all the good things (togheter with the bad one) to copy a platform instead to make their one much better (and sadly say this as a Nokia fan) but seem that all the exeperience made were not helpful at all and again and again make the same errors giving the opportunities to the competitors to make their thing better, if somebody don't tell them what's is wrong they will never learn and they will never make this things better , support to the developer is the first thing over everything and it is NOT possible to have a direct connection with them for 2 weeks this make the platform similar to Apple and if you fighting on this at the same way (even after they make an excuse that the platform is new) they will fails , so they should taking care of the developer feedback and on the long run they will win for sure... right no wI'm not an happy developer ...

Hello again,

I understand your concern. Ive been a symbian user for over 5 years and i know nokia is the top selling mobile brand. Yes they do have a lot of work to do, yes they have heavily invested in Ovi and they have come a long way in 6 months. Understanding the competition and implementing the same user experience would not make Forum Nokia unique. Understanding the user reviews and collecting feedback from the users to improve the user experience is necessary.
    I suggest you send in a highly detailed query to the below given address and mention all your issues specifically, im positive you will receive a positive reply soon. Forum nokia is here to help all the budding developers and they are commited to enhancing the Ovi experience. I Hope you found this useful.

Email:

publishtovi.support@nokia.com

Cheers!

Actually this is what I did already and I'm also open to work with them to sorted out the problem , mail as sent more than a week ago and i hope also this thread in the forum will help me (and them) to work better on the OVI Store, I've been i nthe symbian biz for over 10 years so I think that developer can give a huge help to Nokia to make things better because we are aware of the problems and as i always said Ferrari will not run without gasoline so i hope that Nokia understand that applications and developers who make it are their gasoline for their Ferrari

I hope to get feedback soon from them if not they will loose another (old) company who developed symbian for over 8 years

Thanks Roberto

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

The Ovi Store continues to be a work in progress. Unlike the iPhone, the Nokia phones have been around much longer and thus has extreme device fragmentation.

The R & D team has noted these suggestions.

Thank you.