Discussion Board

AnalyzeTool libraries

I posted this also on Symbian.org, but maybe here the reply is faster:

I used ADT 1.0 and I just recently switched to PDT 1.4. I have S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0 installed and if I activate AnalyzeTool build I get this message:
    Code:
    Can not find AnalyzeTool library files from current SDK:
    C:\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\RELEASE\winscw\udeb\AToolMemoryHook.lib
    C:\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\RELEASE\winscw\udeb\AtoolStaticLib.lib
    C:\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\RELEASE\winscw\urel\AtoolStaticLib.lib
    I also installed the PDK Overlay 1.2 and still no libraries. Has anyone made the AnalyzeTool work?

Re: AnalyzeTool libraries

I received the following answer on the Symbian Forum:

"Since the missing binaries and/or source codes in the overlay you can currently do the following to get the tool working:
    Download source codes from http://developer.symbian.org/main/so...ndex.php?pk=18 "Clone the package source code from version control" and choose zip package. Then build the AnalyzeTool Symbian part from \memana\analyzetoolclient\group folder."

but when I try to access that "Clone package" link, I get a message I don't have access rights to it. Does someone have the binaries or has access to the source code and can compile them?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Symbian Foundation releases source code and binaries for Symbian^1 and later releases. S60 5th Edition is owned by Nokia and it is only Nokia that has the relevant sources and the permission to release them or the binaries built from them. Try the API Partnering process.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

So what's the point of putting a tool in a package available for all developers, if that tool does not work and it requires some libraries that are not available for all developers? Or does the AnalyzeTool work with the 3rd Edition emulator or with Nokia N97 SDK?

anyway, I'm using HookLogger for what I wanted to do with AnalyzeTool, but I'm having a problem with the debug symbols of the 5th Edition SDK and probably I will reinstall the 3rd edition FP2 SDK

Nokia Developer Moderator

The tools provided by the Symbian Foundation (ADT and PDT) are intended for Symbian^N development and you should therefore expect full support for these tools to be included in Symbian^3 or later SDK.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite