Discussion Board

Flash Lite applications event handling

Hi
    i am new to flash lite. I am basically a J2ME person.I just want to know how this scenario is handled in device.
    Flash application is running in the foreground on a device. Suddenly, another application becomes foreground say a call comes then how it will be handled??. Will the flash application knows this information? In midlet we have something like hidenotify shownotify how we can handle this in flashlite ??

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Flash Lite applications event handling

Quote Originally Posted by colombus2in View Post
    Hi
    i am new to flash lite. I am basically a J2ME person.I just want to know how this scenario is handled in device.
    Flash application is running in the foreground on a device. Suddenly, another application becomes foreground say a call comes then how it will be handled??. Will the flash application knows this information? In midlet we have something like hidenotify shownotify how we can handle this in flashlite ??
    One thing to note is that Flash Lite application get paused when send to background which means it doesnt response to any request when it is in background.However, only few of the platform services of flash lite can run in background, read here :
    Service Object in Flash Lite
    Suddenly, another application becomes foreground say a call comes then how it will be handled??. Will the flash application knows this information?
    What kind of call and information ? Flash lite only understand requests via xml socket or in return of a http request.
    In midlet we have something like hidenotify shownotify how we can handle this in flashlite ??
    I dont think there is any alternative or relative API in flash lite to these callback functions.

However, if u r a j2me person then u can find this project interesting "SWFxME" .

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Re: Flash Lite applications event handling

Quote Originally Posted by sajisoft View Post
    One thing to note is that Flash Lite application get paused when send to background which means it doesnt response to any request when it is in background.However, only few of the platform services of flash lite can run in background, read here :
    Service Object in Flash Lite

What kind of call and information ? Flash lite only understand requests via xml socket or in return of a http request.

I dont think there is any alternative or relative API in flash lite to these callback functions.

However, if u r a j2me person then u can find this project interesting "SWFxME" .

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft
    Hi Thanks for the reply
    What I meant by call is if I am playing a flash lite game and while playing I get a call , after attending the flash lite game starts from where it stopped but i want to know whether i can put a pause menu in the game after receiving the call like we do in j2me.In j2me we have the hidenotify & showNotify and also we have a method isshown to check whether canvas is shown or not.something like that can i use in flashlite ??

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Flash Lite applications event handling

Now, its clear. According to my knowledge, There is no API (that provides a function or callback) in flash lite which let u know that ur application is in background or foreground.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Re: Flash Lite applications event handling

Hi Saji,

are there any changes about foreground/background events in the API ? I have problems with streaming video which is paused on call or sms. When the application switches back to the foreground the video is not automatically started.

Regards,
    Simon