Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Message during sis installation

Hi!

Is it possible to use ensymble to embed any start-up message - such that the message is displayed during the installation (and not after)?

I am making an app that is using some libraries (LGPL and GPL) and would like to credit the authors during the initial installation of the app. Also, I want to check if the user agrees with the terms and conditions. Ideally, I'd like a message like -
    This application has been created and distributed under the GPL v3. If you agree with the terms and conditions, please press - 'Continue'. Press 'Exit' to quit the installation.
    I remember something like this being possible using Carbide.c++ and the symbian SDK. Is something similar possible using Python scripts and/or ensymble?

Super Contributor

Re: Message during sis installation

Hi,

You should check the --textfile option of Ensymble's py2sis command. I don't remember how it works exactly but I think it's pretty close to what you want (though I'm pretty sure there's currently no way to show a query (the terms and conditions issue) for Python applications).

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by bogdan.galiceanu View Post
    Hi,

You should check the --textfile option of Ensymble's py2sis command. I don't remember how it works exactly but I think it's pretty close to what you want (though I'm pretty sure there's currently no way to show a query (the terms and conditions issue) for Python applications).
    I have used this option, just add to your ensymble call (don't forget to create the file and put it in the same directory):

Code:
    --textfile="file_name_here"
    But, as cited by Bogdan, no dialogs available.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Yes, and you do get a default OK and Cancel button. The OK button proceeds with the installation while Cancel exits the installation.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com